Monaco on the wrist

I have a chance to buy this Monaco locally.
It’s in a consignment store and I know the owners and they reached out to me to see if I was interested in it.
It’s at the top of my budget right now due to car issues but it seems like a pretty good deal since it’s a complete set. For those who have worn one for a while, do you still enjoy it as much as when you first got it.

I have a chance to buy this Monaco locally.
It’s in a consignment store and I know the owners and they reached out to me to see if I was interested in it.
It’s at the top of my budget right now due to car issues but it seems like a pretty good deal since it’s a complete set. For those who have worn one for a while, do you still enjoy it as much as when you first got it.
The short answer is YES. Had this one for about 13 years now, it's still a fav. I added two more Monacos to my collection about 5 years ago as well.

The Monaco wears chunky and large. I think for many, the wearability is something you either accept or you don't. For me, it's just part of its charm.

After seeing your Gulf Monaco I think I'm going to keep waiting for that edition. It really is what drew me to the Monaco in the first place and this one wouldn't satisfy that itch.

After seeing your Gulf Monaco I think I'm going to keep waiting for that edition. It really is what drew me to the Monaco in the first place and this one wouldn't satisfy that itch.
Makes sense, you should get the model you really want.

There have been several Gulf Monacos, mine is the Calibre 12, originally released in 2009. There have been 2 before it and 2 after. Are you interested in the current Gulf Monaco?

Or the previous Calibre11 version?

Mine has been on for several weeks now, really is time to give the others a couple of days each.

Hi there.

I hankered after a Monaco for a long, long time. I finally got one (a lovely pre-worn thing) but the hands weren't going round / keeping time (the hours and mins) even though the second hand was fine.

I sent it back for a refund... and haven't got round to buying another.

What I WILL say is that I loved it. I should have simply kept it and gotten it repaired. But I didn't like the service I got. They had it a week.. said that their horology 'expert' had looked at it and sent it back.. and it did the same.

But yeah... loved it and WILL get another.

(My point being... I liked it that much I want another).

Greg.