Forums Latest Members
  1. jacinabox

jacinabox May 29, 2021

The quest for the next Monaco contines. Having missed, twice, a CAW211D I 'need' something to console myself.

I'm intrigued by the Boutique Edition Monaco CAL2113, looks a little different to the normal Monaco's and the more I look at pictures the more I'm drawn to it. I see it use's the case from the Monaco LS which is quoted as 40.5 mm - 'only 1.5mm more' than the normal case
    My big concern is the size, I've read the article on here and it does say it wears considerably larger - but the emphasis seems to be on the thickness being the issue.

Does anyone own a 'regular' 39mm Monaco and the the CAL2113 who could compare and comment please. As allways I'm wary of buying blind and ending up with something that's too large (or too small which is how I felt about about a Monza CAL36 I was recently about to buy!)

Opinions and thoughts would be most welcome :)

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 29, 2021

I can't comment on the size of the CAL2113, as I don't own one.

However, if you're after the CAW211D, my suggestion would be to stay the course and keep looking. Also, I'd wait until August to see if TAG Heuer releases a "Le Mans Edition" Monaco around the time of the 24 hour of Le Mans race. This year is the 50th anniversary of the movie and while nothing has been officially announced, there's a been a "hint" that something might be coming.

3. jacinabox

jacinabox May 30, 2021

Thanks Mspeedster; you're right, I should keep looking for the 211D. I've decided against the CAL2113 - it does seem to carry a fair chunk of bulk over the regular Monaco case's.

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what Tag Heuer comes up with for the 24hr Le Mans. Seem to be masters of churning out release's to commemorate nearly everything, or just for the sake of it!

4. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange May 31, 2021

This thread needs a picture or two:

CAL2113:

[​IMG]

CAW211D:

[​IMG]

Oh, I agree with @Mspeedster.

5. jacinabox

jacinabox May 31, 2021

It's OK, I've seen sense now. There really is no comparison, the 2113 looks bloated and I'm confident that had I bought it would've quickly become a regret!

The 211D really carries its looks well - just a shame they're so difficult to find <sniff> A few in the rest of the world but UK VAT and other charges makes a purchase rather costly...a bit of patience and we'll see what comes along

Pitfitter446 likes this.