Forums Latest Members

Monaco 1133B Cal11 - Best/trusted place to find one for sale?

1. qadhi79

qadhi79 Sep 29, 2015

I am looking for a Monaco 1133B Calibre 11..have found few on eBay, chrono24 and watch forums but I am not an expert and want to buy from someone with good reputation so I don't end up with a frankenwatch or pay more than the market value.

Also, how much does it matter if a watch component like the crown, glass, etc have been replaced with an original NOS item? I have found few samples with items replaced with NOS but not sure if it changes value or originality of the watch.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 29, 2015

I reckon it's worth contacting Abel at Heuertime.com (@abcoro ). A few thoughts on pricing:
    - Chronomatic/ First execution 1133B with the Blue metallic dial very strong appreciation in price- the earlier the better
    - Good, solid 1133B with flat blue dial and most likely Calibre 12 haven't really moved much in value over the last 5 years- if anything they have come back a little as collectors focused first on the 1960s Carrera and now the 1960s Autavias
    - The manual wind 3-reg Monaco is still great value in my book- and you can get some really mint watches out there as these have been less of a focus for collectors

All original is always better, but no meaningful difference in values if its been replaced with a genuine and correct part.

Good luck!