Forums Latest Members

Looking for a particular type of bracelet.....

1. RockBurner

RockBurner Jun 30, 2021

Call me crazy, call me a fool, but I swear that at some point in my life I came across what I can only describe as a 'Metal Rally' strap for a watch.

I've no idea if this was a fevered dream brought on by consuming too many pages of LVMH catalogues at one point (aah, that was a night to remember.... the ink fumes.... the texture of the pages.... Ahem.)

As I remember it, it was constructed somewhat like an Oyster, but each 'leaf' had a half-moon cut out so that there were large 'Rally-style' holes along the bracelet.

I'm really just wondering if this was a false memory, but given that I like metal straps, and I like the 'breathability' function of rally strap, I'm hoping that something like this might just exist.

2. imagwai

imagwai Jun 30, 2021

These type of bracelets definitely exist. I had one once on a Tissot PR516
    heritage-pr-516-automatic.jpg

I don't think TAG make one, but you can probably hunt around and find something that will work
    vintage-watch-band-stainless-steel-half-bangle-racing-rally-holes-style-matt-from-jasler.jpg

3. RockBurner

RockBurner Jul 1, 2021

I'm glad I'm not mad! (well.... )

What would be the best search terms to use though?

4. imagwai

imagwai Jul 1, 2021

Probably 'rally bracelet' or something like that

5. RockBurner

RockBurner Jul 2, 2021

I've done some searching using terms like 'steel / rally / bracelet / strap" etc etc - can only find the 'solid' Breitling style ones (which I actually quite like, but they're seriously expensive). Oddly I can't find that strap you put up the photo of on chrono-shop itself - it must be an old photo that is still on their servers?

6. Michael156

Michael156 Jul 3, 2021

Forzo is doing something very near this bracelet with their Gridster range right now…

Best, M

Edited Jul 3, 2021
    RockBurner likes this.
  7. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Jul 4, 2021

8. RockBurner

RockBurner Jul 5, 2021

9. RockBurner

RockBurner Jul 5, 2021

mmm - those are rather nice.....

10. RockBurner

RockBurner Oct 8, 2021

On this note:

Has anyone any experience of wearing a 'solid' or 'bangle' type strap?

This sort of thing : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203266445997?hash=item2f539fd2ad:g:v00AAOSwAYpgGScoPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I'm struggling to 'envisage' what it would feel like on the wrist and in daily wear. Do hairs get caught in the steel? (one of the issues I have with spring-style straps, I'm of the hirsuite persuasion). Does the weight of the watch body affect the way that the whole arrangement 'hangs'? Do you end up bending the metal all the time to try to make it fit your wrist bones more comfortably??

I'm loathe to splash out on one of these straps, despite the fact that I think I like the 'look', if it's not going to be pleasant to wear. I'm not one for re-selling stuff.

Any experiences shared would be very welcome. :)