Forums Latest Members
  1. Heuben

Heuben Oct 17, 2015

image.png hi,
    I've been looking at getting the 43mm black/rose gold Carrera, car2014.ba0799 for a while now, always look at it in the window. My wife has a little diamond aquaracer and we are very happy with it, I have ordered her the diamond cara Delevingne and the AD offered me a good discount as we are still waiting for it and they can't give us an eta.
    Is the calibre 1887 a good movement, I understand it's not the best out there, but I guess I just don't want to buy it and find out something later that I wish I knew now.
    Thanks.
    Mark.

2. imagwai

imagwai Oct 17, 2015

The 1887 has a slightly controversial history, with some debate about whether it's truly "in house" or not. But it's a very good movement.

3. Heuben

Heuben Oct 17, 2015

Thanks,
    pretty sure I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Had a good look at it today and love the way it looks and feels.

4. elbeik

elbeik Oct 17, 2015

These are among the classiest Carreras. You will definitely love it.
    That same watch looks also great on a leather strap.

5. Heuben

Heuben Oct 18, 2015

So I picked it up today, I stuck with the steel, as good as the leather looked on the watch, it just wasn't me. It has car2014-4 on the case, anyone know what the -4 is for? image.jpeg

dtf and Calibre11 like this.
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 18, 2015

Looks good- very nice choice. The "-4" refers to a variety of minor modifications that TAG Heuer has made to this model over the years. Your dial for example is slightly different to the one I reviewed back in 2012

http://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-1887-43mm

[​IMG]

See the difference in the font on the arabic numerals? Note the difference in the 9 o'clock sub-dial too

7. Heuben

Heuben Oct 18, 2015

Thanks, it's going to be hard to take it off.

Nilbri likes this.