Forums Latest Members
  1. george023

george023 Dec 11, 2014

Hi all,

I have a Carrera Automatic Chronograph CV2014.BA0794.

I was looking at getting a leather strap for it and was just looking for advise on the below.

1. Will a leather strap fit?
    2. Tossing up between the red lining or standard black. What do you think?
    3. What's the likely cost including the buckle?
    4. Will it detract from the authenticity of this model?

Thanks in advance.

2. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Dec 12, 2014

Hi George,
    I believe the CV2014 has a 20mm lug width (measure it to make sure), so any 20mm strap should work.
    An aftermarket strap with red stitching may look good:
    [​IMG]

Otherwise, I tend to think curved end straps work well on Carreras, due to the "large" distance between the spring bar and the body of the watch.
    I have a curved end Carrera FC6205 strap on my Autavia and I like the quality and thickness of the strap:
    [​IMG]

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 12, 2014

Another option could be the strap from the Jack Heuer 80th Carrera- reference FC6310. It's got the same rally-strap style as the rubber strap you have. It will look great, but two downsides:
    - Buckle says Heuer, not TAG Heuer
    - Price: I believe the strap is ~$450 and not sure that this includes the deployant...don't think it does!

Of course, you could just buy the strap, fit the deployant that you already have (assume you have the rubber strap?) and solve them both!

Have to say that I always prefer OEM straps, but that's just a personal preference, and the fact is that OEM will cost a lot more

dc

4. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Dec 12, 2014

It dawned on my in another discussion elsewhere that my price reference for these things is so out of date.
    I remember when a regular rally strap was £130 and the gator was £260-180.

5. george023

george023 Dec 12, 2014

I don't have the rubber strap, I bought it with the metal band so I'll need strap and deployment buckle.

I was thinking about the strap from the Jack Carrera 80th as the red lining would come through the perforations and complement the red second hand.

The FC6233 would also look good I think.

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 12, 2014

Yeah, they're expensive, no doubt...although you're not too far wrong as, as $450 is about GBP280..not sure what an alligator strap would be.