Keep your eyes open....(Reveal: It's the 2017 Heuer Skipper Hodinkee Edition CAR221B)

Very nice and a good move in the right direction both for TAG and for Hodinkee's multiplying limited edition collaborations. Still not thrilled about that price for a Sellita.

@Calibre11 is this the Telemeter case or has it been modified? The mid-case looks slimmer than that model's. And, will TAG be using this case for more Carrera models in the future, maybe with a Heuer-02 in it....?

Very nice and a good move in the right direction both for TAG and for Hodinkee's multiplying limited edition collaborations. Still not thrilled about that price for a Sellita.

@Calibre11 is this the Telemeter case or has it been modified? The mid-case looks slimmer than that model's. And, will TAG be using this case for more Carrera models in the future, maybe with a Heuer-02 in it....?
My understanding is that this special edition used the last remaining Telemeter cases.

...but don't empty your wallet out entirely, because you'll need it again in the next couple of months 😗

K David, now that this one is out of the bag, can you please give us an idea of the next one? This way I have at least a couple of months to not pay my mortgage or any necessities of life in order to purchase 😗

Really nice watch, I didn't expect a collaboration with Hodinkee though. Which explains the price.

Any one from our little community grab one?

Yeah, I am also curious if any of you ordered one. That stupid "glassbox" dome was a deal-breaker for me.

@Hubert 's Telemeter coming to the classifieds section soon.
Nah, I'll still keep due to the beauty of the brushed metallic dial, despite the glassbox dome and the edge indentation that messes all its proportions.

I prefer a slimmer mid-case, especially on a Carrera, so if they need to dome the crystal for some reason I'm behind it. I rather liked the Calibre 18 Telemeter I tried on a couple years ago

This picture shows what I mean. That glassbox dome robs the clear periphery of the dial, notice how the top edge of the crystal is blurred and messes all the proportions making the overall look bloated and distorted. Now compare this to the original dial which is clean and crisp with no visible distortion, making it look sleek, larger, and well proportioned, despite being smaller.

Hmm, could have been interested in this. But didn't see it till now so too late. Would imagine it won't be that common on the used market and the limited number will keep used prices high.

I do agree that the glassbox kind of spoils the look a little. But can't complain about the size!!

"Milky ring" is a common problem with sapphire crystals, it's one of the prime complaints many Speedmaster nerds have against buying the sapphire version of the Professional over the traditional plexi. I haven't found it to be an issue on my XI-45, but to each his own. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad in person?

"Milky ring" is a common problem with sapphire crystals, it's one of the prime complaints many Speedmaster nerds have against buying the sapphire version of the Professional over the traditional plexi. I haven't found it to be an issue on my XI-45, but to each his own. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad in person?
I think it will be as bad as the Telemeter's.

Here are some pictures of the Telemeter's glassbox for you to compare; also side-by-side the JH80th:
336841-c20b0e8756ff19618a1519dc02ca6959.jpg
336843-3b9bacd80afcb952e6578c259d44b540.jpg
279822-e00e403b67ed68020c9430eef361827e.jpg
279824-ab3403a3479298727a1bcccdbc9a2f31.jpg
279821-ad9614704a0f57b2b0bf5208b80a0e80.jpg
279825-8314fae1eaf8df61ecfe79dd43b77369.jpg

Each to his own (as we have suggested several times before).
IMO the Cal.18 Telemeter is the most elegant watch TH have produced since the late-90s Carrera re-editions.
The new Skipper? Meh. I think the uninspiring dial is a more significant fail than any concerns over the glassbox dome.
EDIT: Almost forgot, and the price? REALLY? Nonsense. Why on earth buy this over a JH85 Autavia?

IMO the Cal.18 Telemeter is the most elegant watch TH have produced since the late-90s Carrera re-editions.
The new Skipper? Meh. I think the uninspiring dial is a more significant fail than any concerns over the glassbox dome.
EDIT: Almost forgot, and the price? REALLY? Nonsense. Why on earth buy this over a JH85 Autavia?

What's not to like about the dial?

Price-wise, the Cal. 18 Telemeter was announced at a list price of $6400, this is $500 less?

The Telemeter 18 never did it for me and nor does this. Nothing lost.
Edited:

Hold on a second, your Telemeter is up for sale, so I wonder if it really merits such high praise from your end? 😉

The dial was fine for me. Would I have preferred it with two subdials, absolutely... without question. But then again, that was never the issue for me.

On that last point we agree wholeheartedly. And let's not forget about whatever the Calibre11 collaboration watch ends up being. 😉

Big Adam have more than one Telemeter. That is why, he is selling one of them.

I must agree that Telemeter is one of the most elegant watch Tag Heuer every produced on this. But at the same time i must conceded, its also not the most legible.

The price is a bit high for this "skiperrera". Like we whole agree !