Forums Latest Members
  1. hungrycyclist

hungrycyclist Mar 1, 2015

Hello
    I am new to this page but am happy to be here. I have just unearthed my Jarama (Black and Steel) after moving to France. Long forgotten in a box, it is in need of some love. One Button is not original, I would love to get the original black and steel strap, and perhaps a new face? Does anyone know how you can go about finding these parts?
    Huge thanks for any help.
    Tom

IMG_3437.jpg IMG_3438.jpg
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 1, 2015

Lovely watch Tom- I love this Jarama...beautiful case. Have you read the overview here:

http://www.calibre11.com/heuer-jarama-series-overview/

The watch looks to be in good condition, but would certainly benefit from a service and light restoration. The best in the business is Abel Court, who is a member here ( @abcoro ) and can be contacted at abel@heuertime.com. I'm sure he'll be able to help with a pusher. I don't think you need a new dial- but would be hard to find. Cleaning up the dial is possible, as it would be to get a new crystal- that would make a big difference.

The bracelet will be harder, but the best contact is Bill Mahoney (Billmahoney@aol.com). He has a large stock of NSA braclets. He does have some spare links for the Jarama bracelet http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Heu...788?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7e5ef364Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network but not a complete bracelet. Still, get in touch and see what he can do.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do

dc

3. hungrycyclist

hungrycyclist Mar 1, 2015

Hello dc
    huge thanks for your comprehensive advice here and kind words regarding my watch. I fell in love with it when I was working as a porter at an auction house in London in 1997 and managed to get a bid in.

Ill get in touch with both Bill and Abel Court today. If you are ever passing through Burgundy and need a drink do stop by.

Tom

hungrycyclist.com

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 2, 2015

Thanks Tom- and good luck!

5. The Loon

The Loon Mar 10, 2015

I managed to catch one of these. Bought as a parts mule for the crown, stem and other parts. I've now decided that's it too good to butcher for parts.

It just needs a new glass, service and the hands to be attached

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 14, 2015

I can already picture the "after" photos ;)

7. The Loon

The Loon Mar 14, 2015

You read my mind DC ;) stay tuned

8. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 22, 2015