Is this Tag series 1000 legit?

caseback has numbers etc and says Heuer only, not tag Heuer.

Could th have used older casebacks during name transition?
Thanks!

You are correct, or may be the dial has been replaced later at the factory while it was in for a service.
Looking at the hands they might have been replaced somewhere after that, as they look too new to me, and are not corresponding with the lume on the dial.
Which lume color on the dial actually tells me that it looks like it had a water leak sometime in the past...is it water-resistant at the moment?

Idk about the WR. I thought the color was fade/tropical over the past 30 years.

No pics of the back. It is engraved Heuer though w all the other info

Ok, too bad you don't know if it is WR, but the crown, looks it is not screwed all in on the picture, does it have a TAG Heuer logo or Heuer?

The screw down is broken I think. The crown marked, so is the clasp on the band.

The caseback is marked w only Heuer.

Absolutely a good deal, if the crown is a TAG Heuer you can just replace it with a new TAG Heuer one, if it is a Heuer "Banjo" model these are obsolete and it needs a crown conversion to a TAG Heuer one, which basically is removing the old crown tube, replace it with a new TAG Heuer one and a new TAG Heuer crown.

Absolutely a good deal, if the crown is a TAG Heuer you can just replace it with a new TAG Heuer one, if it is a Heuer "Banjo" model these are obsolete and it needs a crown conversion to a TAG Heuer one, which basically is removing the old crown tube, replace it with a new TAG Heuer one and a new TAG Heuer crown.

What d

You're welcome!
Banjo crowns look the same from the outside, except it says "Heuer" on it, if it has the "TAG Heuer" logo it is not a Banjo model.
Hope the info helps!

Ok I'm vaguely recalling it had the shield logo. I don't remember it saying Heuer on the crown.

Excellent, well, make sure it is water resistant again and you have a great watch for a great price!

Here are pictures of a Heuer 1000 980.020L with a Heuer "Banjo" crown and a TAG Heuer 1000 980.026N with a TAG Heuer "normal screw-in" crown, so that you can see the differences:
foto 1.JPG
foto 2.JPG
foto 3.JPG
foto 1.JPG
foto 2.JPG
foto 3.JPG

Here are pictures of a Heuer 1000 980.020L with a Heuer "Banjo" crown and a TAG Heuer 1000 980.026N with a TAG Heuer "normal screw-in" crown, so that you can see the differences:
foto 1.JPG
foto 2.JPG
foto 3.JPG
foto 1.JPG
foto 2.JPG
foto 3.JPG
Thanks!!

You're welcome!

"Got $10 off."

Hahhaaa, what a great deal you made! It's worth way more in parts!
Enjoy the watch! (But please get it WR again first before wearing it).