Forums Latest Members
  1. tictictictoc

tictictictoc Feb 28, 2016

The listing has ended but I got a second offer from the seller as the winning bidder fell through.
    Just wanted to get your take on it. The seller is offering to drop the price if payment is done outside ebay?

Should I?
    Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTGE-HEUER-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Big Adam

Big Adam Feb 28, 2016

If the seller was reputable and based in the same country as you, maybe, just maybe. But this guy is in Peru and attempting to circumvent ebay's fees (and Paypal protection). I wonder how many other potential suckers received his second chance offer?
    Just walk away.

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 28, 2016

I'd probably pass- and that's before doing any homework on the seller. Just looks like one of those watches that could disappoint in the metal. Can't see the true condition of the case, which is critical for a Camaro.

Could be a bargain, but could be less than you'd hoped for. Either way, if you're going ahead I'd certainly pay the extra and go through PayPal.

4. elbeik

elbeik Feb 28, 2016

It sold... did the OP get it?

5. Davidt

Davidt Feb 29, 2016

I was looking at that until I noticed the dial was repainted between 2 and 7.

Depends how cheap it is and if you can live with the dial or source another.

6. tictictictoc

tictictictoc Feb 29, 2016

Thanks all for chiming in.
    After taking all your comments into consideration... I think I'll pass on this one and save me some of my $$$$s!

Calibre11 likes this.