Forums Latest Members
  1. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 31, 2018

I continue to lose conection to my iPhone and then cannot reconnect It is getting very frustrating, and the main driver for my growing regret.
    I have latest IOS
    Latest Andriod / Google Ware App
    I have restarted mobile & Watch multiple times
    Forgot TAG Btooth device and researched MY mobile can no longer find my watch

IT not my mobile at it picks up everyones bluetooth devices within 1000m no problem.

The only way I regain connection is factory rest on the watch. This isn't acceptable.

Advice please, don't tell me to factory reset, I shouldn't need to do this on a weekly basis.

2. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 31, 2018

Well lets factory reset again

3. kwilcox

kwilcox Mar 31, 2018

The latest wear OS update (iphone/watch) has reduced the reliability of my connection as well. I believe this is a Google not Tag Heuer problem and I'm researching it currently. If you'd like to help out, enable developer mode and turn on "vibrate on connectivity change". Now when the watch disconnects you will be able to tell. When this happens, immediately bring up the Wear OS app on your iPhone. Do you see the splash screen followed by the menu showing the watch disconnected, or do you immediately see the menu (no startup screen)? I'm trying to determine if its the iPhone app or the watch app that's causal. My current hypothesis is that the phone app may not be staying resident in the background.

Hubert likes this.
  4. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 2, 2018

My hypothesis is incorrect. The watch loses its connection first even though the phone still shows it connected with bluetooth. Then the phone app eventually stops running in the background. This appears to have something to do with the ongoing conversation between the phone and the watch getting out of sync. I'm going to try a full reset next using the XDA developers method that doesn't require a factory reset on the watch.

https://www.xda-developers.com/pair-android-wear-without-factory-reset/

Hubert likes this.
  5. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 3, 2018

So, I've noticed that an update to the Wear OS iPhone app was just posted on the app store (reason was "bug fix"). The updated version shows on my phone as v3.1.3 ROW (the old version on my phone was v3.0.318 ROW). Maybe this will solve the connectivity issues...

Edited Apr 3, 2018
  6. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Apr 3, 2018

Just downloading the iOS update of Wear OS. On my end everything is working peachy so i am not expecting anything shocking.

7. vicsalt

vicsalt Apr 3, 2018

I will say as a consistent moaner, Im currently experiencing the best period, with no issues since the last few updates over the last few days. Im keeping my fingers crossed :)

8. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 3, 2018

Google is actively going after the iOS market with Wear OS. Thus the reason for the name change. It makes sense that they would start sinking resources into solving this issue.

vicsalt likes this.
  9. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 4, 2018

After 24 hours and it looks like the disconnect problem is solved for me! Now its on to the enhancements Google! Like getting apple to agree to app - app communication between your Wear OS app and other third party apps.

10. NickNJV

NickNJV Apr 4, 2018

Ive owned my Connected 45 for 6 weeks linked to my Iphone 7 . The 1st week was an utter nightmare and i was wondering what i'd done dumping my apple watch. It was loosing sync constantly and my iphone battery was draining to less than 20% by the evening.
    The 2nd week of ownership saw a dramatic reduction in sync issues and the iphone battery life started increasing
    Now its near perfect with no sync issues at all and my iphone battery is sitting at its normal 60% level every evening.

No idea why, i know my Connected has updated several times in the last few weeks and iphone updated. Someone seems to be working out the wrinkles.

11. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 5, 2018

Using the watch during a conference today with email notifications turned on and I can succinctly say that the connecticity problem is fixed for me. Battery is at 50% after 10 hours too. Not too bad.

12. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 9, 2018

New iOS update posted (11.3). I'm almost afraid to upgrade....

13. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 10, 2018

Good to hear. Thanks!

14. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 10, 2018

Today mine has decided to not connect to Bluetooth for some reason and everything is up to date starting to piss me off now

15. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 10, 2018

I find it shite that you have to factory set the watch every time it updates just so it will connect with Bluetooth again if this isn’t sorted it will be up for sale as cannot be arsed to keep setting it back up with all the watch faces and apps

16. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 10, 2018

Well sorted for the time being factory reset loaded all apps and watch faces back on
    Let’s see how long it lasts till it happens again.

17. vicsalt

vicsalt Apr 12, 2018

Don't give up , mine is still problem free and has been for a few weeks, believe me when i say i was close to throwing in the towel

18. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 13, 2018

Speaking to a lady in the tag shop today and was telling her I wasn’t impressed with having to reboot because it wouldn’t connect to Bluetooth
    She told me that tag had done 13 updates to the soft wear on watch, in which my reply was you would expect the build no to have changed with updates and mine hasn’t so have I got these updates still to come.