Forums Latest Members

Instant Heuer Collection- 14 Watches for Sale

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 19, 2014

Have a spare $47,000 lying around and fancy buying 14 Heuers (actually, 13...)?

It's your lucky day.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321607129436Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Like the look of the Cortina and the Montreal...but that's about it for me

2. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 19, 2014

This is why you make sure your wife is cool with your toy collection before walking down the aisle

Incidentally what is this one?

$_12.JPG

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 19, 2014

4. RobertR

RobertR Dec 19, 2014

Now I find this Heuer really interesting - no idea it existed! I am an avid sailor in a very tidal area - the Gulf Islands - where substantial currents can go in the wrong direction unless you know exactly what time it is (!) And, yes, you can consult the local time tables, but to have a watch to keep track of that - and a Heuer at that - now that is cool! And even my wife agrees with that ... so I will have to look for one. Now I also know a boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money - no, please don't ask me how I know - but $47k just to get this one is a little much ;-)

5. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 20, 2014

Probably to do with people wanting tide watches taking them surfing / sailing in salt water, or at least you'd hope that's the case as if they made a tide watch with unusually poor water resistance that would be an unfortunate irony :)

6. Bootsy

Bootsy Dec 21, 2014

Dial look very suspect on the Monaco

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 22, 2014

It does. Wasn't sure if it was meant to be a Grey dial or Blue, but either way I'd want to see much clearer photos. Other things I noticed:
    - Autavia: Is that a genuine GF bracelet?
    - Calculator: Has the dial faded, or is that a "non-Calculator Calculator"? Think it's the former
    - Carrera Cal. 15- Central Chrono hand not correct (should be Orange)
    - First Jacky Ickx Easy Rider is not a Heuer
    - Solunar dial- quite typical pitting

As I said, the Cortina and Montreal looked quite nice- for the others, I'd want to see lots more photos...