Forums Latest Members
  1. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Mar 31, 2022

Tks for explaining. So the “point of entry” is the hacker asking for your mobile phone number to send you the SMS? Seems innocent enough…

But then I guess an IG “friend” is nevertheless still someone you haven't really met before and it thus remains difficult to truly judge his intentions :(

2FA for the win, even if it can be cumbersome.

SteveP likes this.
  2. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Apr 1, 2022

Thank you for all you've reported here Steve, and elsewhere, to the benefit of us all. I really hope you can recapture your original dialogs.
    And I'm gettin quite sick and tired about this tech corruption stuff:thumbsdown:

SteveP likes this.
  3. SteveP

SteveP Apr 1, 2022

Yep agree with the 2FA for sure (now!). Bear in mind not all IG friends and just IG friends, they can easily be physical friends too which makes it more realistic. OK, that wasn't the situation in my case but it could be for others.

4. Ara

Ara Apr 1, 2022

I got the screenshot request as well. Thanks for the heads up, Steve!

SteveP likes this.
  5. Cameronjm

Cameronjm Jan 5, 2023

This is one of the issues with social media today. With the development of technology, people are more vulnerable to hackers and scammers. If this is a recurring issue, you should take measures to prevent it from happening again. I change my password once every couple of months and use two-factor authentication. I know that the Help Center is not always receptive, but you could still try to contact it regarding suspicious activity. If you use any third-party website, like buying Instagram likes from Famoid, you should check how secure the website is. Maintaining your privacy on the internet is very important.

Edited Jan 8, 2023
  6. Kabir9

Kabir9 Aug 10, 2023

Hey, you hit the nail on the head! It's funny how hackers can make something as innocent as sharing a phone number seem harmless. And you're right; even an IG "friend" can be a total mystery in terms of intentions. It's like a digital guessing game, huh? 2FA might be annoying, but it's like a virtual fortress against these sneaky tactics. By the way, speaking of online safety, you can buy Facebook accounts with Marketplace for added connection layers. Be cautious and explore smart strategies – you're nailing the digital detective game!

Edited Aug 10, 2023