If you have to choose exclusively between C or M.

Dear All,

As you might have noticed,most of Heuer people will end up owning both carrera and monaco in their collection.

Just for fun, i want to know your opinion if you have to choose exclusively between owning only carrera or only monaco, which one you gonna choose ?

For me, its a really tough question. But i have come to conclusion that i will choose monaco.

That is if i can get the dark lord...

What about you guys ?

Please drop your 2 cents in this what if scenario

Thanks

I like only 1 Monaco (the blue McQueen one), but I like many Carreras... If I had to choose between owning 1 Monaco or 1 Carrera, I would choose the Monaco.
If I had to choose between collecting Monaco or Carrera, I would collect Carreras.

It will be Carrera all the way for me, without giving it any second thought.
As a matter of fact, it is my favorite chronograph of all times.
The shape, the lugs, the dials, the pushers, everything about it appeals to me.

I have 5 (which I consider part of the permanent collection), and flipped half a dozen other over time.
There are several Carreras on my wish-list (none of the new releases though) - pending wife's approval.

I do own a Calibre 12 blue Monaco. I seldom wear it, and sometimes have thoughts of parting with it to the benefit of a Carrera.
But, I come back to my sense and say to myself, if you love TH, you must have a Monaco.
How long will sanity endure? I don't know...

The Carrera came first for me as well, followed by the Monacos. However, if I was forced to keep only one, then it would probably be the heritage McQueen Monaco.

I have one carrera and one monaco, if push came to shove it would be the McQueen Monaco that had to stay.

Wait Baselworld 😉
Mysterious, cryptic, and yet... somewhat revealing. I wonder what's in store that would make you say this?

Wow, thanks for the enlightening answers.

The coincidence in here,i think, most of us have many carrera's and single monaco 😀😉

It will be Carrera all the way for me, without giving it any second thought.
As a matter of fact, it is my favorite chronograph of all times.
The shape, the lugs, the dials, the pushers, everything about it appeals to me.

I have 5 (which I consider part of the permanent collection), and flipped half a dozen other over time.
There are several Carreras on my wish-list (none of the new releases though) - pending wife's approval.

I do own a Calibre 12 blue Monaco. I seldom wear it, and sometimes have thoughts of parting with it to the benefit of a Carrera.
But, I come back to my sense and say to myself, if you love TH, you must have a Monaco.
How long will sanity endure? I don't know...
Did i sense someone on the way to purchase the new carrera day date calibre 16 here 😉 ?

Biver's strategy is to push new design, affordable haute hotlogerie and vintage pieces. The Autavia 2016 survey was a big hit. Look at the new Speedy Tuesday which mimics the Autavia. Biver will not let the floor to Omega, so he needs to push further on the vintage revival side.
The Monza is also a big success.
So : one option is a new "Autavia reborn contest"
The other one is "let's bring back a star from the past" (which is not the Carrera)
So...... where would the Monaco fit in this equation?
And which star from the past could make its comeback?

Biver's strategy is to push new design, affordable haute hotlogerie and vintage pieces. The Autavia 2016 survey was a big hit. Look at the new Speedy Tuesday which mimics the Autavia. Biver will not let the floor to Omega, so he needs to push further on the vintage revival side.
The Monza is also a big success.
So : one option is a new "Autavia reborn contest"
The other one is "let's bring back a star from the past" (which is not the Carrera)
So...... where would the Monaco fit in this equation?
And which star from the past could make its comeback?
Star from the past....i want camaro...
Yes, my vote would be for the Camaro as well.

Did i sense someone on the way to purchase the new carrera day date calibre 16 here 😉 ?

Niet. For now, holding on for the Autavia. 😀

Looks like the Camaro is hi-jacking the thread. I like that. 😀

ps you did ask for 'exclusively' so I'd go with Carrera, I have never warmed to the Monaco.
Edited:

The Monza reedition is essentially in a Camaro case...

I am very tempted, if I had the spare money I probably would, but it doesnt tick any of the boxes I'm looking for in my next watch 🙁

The Monza reedition is essentially in a Camaro case...
Would you rather silverstone then ? Or older autavia like orange boy ?

Allow me to build my case in favor of the Carrera.

What we have here, is pretty much a "basic", classic Carrera before the advent of the modern mutants.

Notice how lovely it looks with a brown strap. Or a black one. Or on a bracelet. Or a Nato.
Point is, we can almost all agree this watch is beautiful. Some may say nice, others gorgeous, the degrees may varies, but unanimously, this a great watch.

You can wear it with racing gloves, to work, to a date, under a suit or with a polo.

Can you claim all these values with a Monaco?
While being an icon of the watch world, it will always have divided opinions.

Would you rather silverstone then ? Or older autavia like orange boy ?

It'd be great to see them manfuacture the Monza case in stainless steel and call it a Camaro, if only as a nod to their heritage (the proportions are off). However, I'd love to see a <~39mm Carrera heritage model, with a manual or automatic (NOT QUARTZ) 3-6-9 subdial layout. The Calibre 18 Telemetre came close, but as with all TAGs these days was way too tall.