Forums Latest Members
  1. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 20, 2019

The TH Modular concept is one of the main features of the second generation TAG Heuer Connected, so we can create our own 'Modular Collection' (45 or 41) with all the available straps, bracelets, lugs, buckles, and mechanical modules

I’m starting this thread to post here pictures of our Modular collections, just curious about the preferred TH Modular accessories and combos.

My collection started one year ago with the TH CM45 with black ceramic bezel, titanium
    case, and brown calfskin strap with titanium buckle... and from then I went crazy with this modular concept ::screwloose:: , and I spent more money than expected in this collection! :D This was a very clever idea from TAG Heuer :thumbsup:

I think my collection is now finished, unless I find the blue calfskin (with red stitching) strap of the Red Bull Racing Edition... not easy to find

AADCFA81-6AE1-45F3-ADF4-B0548D6B69FC.jpeg
    Straps, from left to right:
    - Bracelets: black ceramic and titanium
    - Alcantara (suede) strap: orange Kingsman Edition
    - Rubber: black with TH logos, white, black, red, orange, dark blue, and red&black
    - Calfskin: brown for black buckle, brown for titanium buckle, black with red stitching (Manchester Utd Edition), black, and grey

- Buckles: 4 titanium, 8 black, and 1 Kingsman Edition (black)

3BD39B40-0FEF-4675-B443-48EE4F4EB55F.jpeg
    From left to right:
    - Lugs: rose gold, black ceramic, and titanium
    - Mechanical modules: Carrera Calibre 5 and Carrera Calibre 16 Chrono
    - Smartwatch modules: Black ceramic bezel with titanium case, and Kingsman Special Edition (black ceramic bezel with black case)

Edited May 20, 2019
  2. kwilcox

kwilcox May 20, 2019

Tag should recognize this and add more mechanical modules as well as new next generation electronic modules! I've always hoped they would create a Aquaracer 41mm mechanical module.

Renat1992 and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 20, 2019

I hope so! I hope next Connected generation will be compatible with current Modular system, so we can upgrade just the smartwatch module combining it with the current lugs and straps we have! And I hope more mechanical modules and accessories for the Modular system will come!

49CB2FDD-C6F6-4D10-B7F2-226A4135917D.jpeg
    The TAG Heuer Connected Modular is part of the Carrera family, so I don’t think TH is going to launch an Aquaracer module for a Carrera modular watch...

12274846-8A02-464D-A775-C14733F8C4BB.jpeg
    04241830-C329-44FF-A2FF-F9CFB8383C39.jpeg
    In addition to the Carrera Calibre 5 and Carrera Calibre 16 mechanical modules, there’s also the Carrera Heuer 02 Tourbillon mechanical module, so it seems there’s only place for Carrera modules. Even the factory installed connected watchfaces are representing only Carrera models.

So, maybe a Carrera Heuer 01 (skeleton dial) module? :rolleyes:
    AFC2861A-CA94-44A5-854A-F361D13E0B10.jpeg

4. kwilcox

kwilcox May 20, 2019

TH needs to think outside the box further iMO. Why does the CM have to be a Carrera watch? That just limits TH's sale options.

ddaenen1 and Renat1992 like this.
  5. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 May 23, 2019

Well it seems to me that i could have sold you a couple that you don't have yet. I had the pink rubber strap with TH logo and also a yellow and red one, both with TH logo. They came with my CM 45 which i bought off a Belgian racer of the BMC/TH cycling team. The pink one apparently was from the Giro cycling race and the yellow and red with TH logo where the colour of the Belgian flag during the World Cup cycling race. It appears they were made especially for the racing team and you cannot find these on the market but i didn't know that when i put them on ebay for sale :unsure:

FrankHan and Albert-AMG like this.
  6. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 23, 2019

I had seen the Giro’s pink rubber strap with TH logos (exclusive, but not easy to combine/wear ;)), but never that yellow and red strap with TH logos! I could have bought you this one! Do you have any picture?

BMW Works likes this.
  7. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 May 23, 2019

Not of the straps anymore as such but i do have one with one yellow and one red to represent the Belgian colours. I do regret i sold them off.

In fact one of the buyers connected me afterwards because his dealer claimed they were not genuine but i know they are for a fact as i bought them directly of the BMC/TH racer as he had more than one. Even more funny, the watch phone directory was full with mobile numbers of famous bicycle racers such as Cadel Evans and more. He didn't wipe it before selling the watch because it had exclusive watch faces that i never got to see as not knowing too much about the CM45, doing a factory reset was one of the the first things i did to be able to connect it to my iphone. Only later when i contacted the seller to tell him about the mobile numbers, he mentioned this :(

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 23.50.07.png
    Edited May 23, 2019
    BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  8. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 23, 2019

Thanks for the picture! The red and yellow strap looks genuine, for sure! Very rare but genuine!

It’s a very interesting history about your CM45! :)Anyway you own a collector’s item! :thumbsup:

BMW Works likes this.
  9. VRman

VRman May 29, 2019

I made the jump over to TH Modular 45 from a Samsung Gear S3. Picked up 2 CM45's; Black bezel/strap is a 08/2017 model out of Tokyo and the Blue bezel/strap is a 04/2018 model out of San Francisco. Both are in really great shape but was some work getting both updated to the latest SW/App versions. I noticed the Tag Heuer label reversed between the 2 models on the buckles.

IMG_20190529_152410.jpg
    FrankHan and Albert-AMG like this.
  10. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 30, 2019

Nice couple! :thumbsup:

About the TAG Heuer label reversed in the buckles, maybe you have one of them not properly assembled (it should be easy to change the direction), because all my buckles are assembled like in the TH website:

BC615E8A-43F4-4B3C-8B8F-C4C132151DA3.jpeg

11. VRman

VRman May 30, 2019

Thanks Albert-AMG, I'll take a closer look at them.
    Thanks, I'll take a closer look at them.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  12. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 30, 2019

But it’s strange... because after your post, I have realized there’s only one way to assemble that part of the buckle, so there’s no way to change the direction of the TAG Heuer label ::confused2::

All my 13 buckles have the label in the same direction (like in the previous attached picture)... so, maybe there are different buckles made for different markets? ::confused2::

BMW Works likes this.
  13. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Jun 5, 2019

I think Tag just had an early batch that were designed backwards. I have a buckle that I picked up on launch day in the US and it's backwards. I purchased another one about a year later and it's the right way.

VRman and Albert-AMG like this.
  14. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 6, 2019

Yes. I looked at the early pictures of the TH CM45, and the early buckles had the TAG Heuer letters backwards. This was later changed to the current position :thumbsup:

BMW Works and VRman like this.
  15. VRman

VRman Jun 6, 2019

Thanks Albert-AMG, I think you're spot on. Even this pic from the Connected accessories page has it backwards compared to your buckle pic in the above post.The way it latches/locks is also a different design.
    Tag_Buckle.JPG

16. BMW Works

BMW Works Jun 6, 2019

Did not know that. Is it better?

17. BMW Works

BMW Works Jun 6, 2019

My both buckles are like yours. Purchased from Germany. Curios if that new style buckle is somehow better

18. VRman

VRman Jun 6, 2019

I haven't noticed any difference in latch security both work great although you can see the difference in the design. FWIW - The older watch also says 50 Meters Waterproof and the newer just says 50 Meters.
    IMG_20190606_184057.jpg

Edited Jun 6, 2019
  19. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Jun 28, 2019

oh man, how do you people even get access to the straps etc? I live in Canada and it's just plain IMPOSSIBLE to get ANY accessory for this watch!

20. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 28, 2019