How do I set the second GMT hand on my WS2113 Carrera Re-Edition?

Hi, I have no instruction booklet for my "new" WS2113 Carrera Re-Edition and I would like to know how to set it's second GMT hand. I've searched the web and couldn't find any kind of instruction in written or video form.
For that matter, all literature about this WS2113 model (with the ETA 2893-A2 movement???) is very scarce...
Is there any particular reason for this?
Also the serial UB2### makes it one of the last ones produced, right? Or is there no affiliation with the order of the letters in the alphabet?
As before, any info is very much appreciated.
Cheers,

WS2113 Carrera.jpg
Edited:

Pull the crown out to the first click, rotate it one direction and it adjusts the gmt hand, rotate it the other way an it adjusts the date. I can post up some pictures of the manual in the morning if you want.

Ok dff, thank you very much for the info.
Pictures would be great, yes!
:)

Here are a few pictures. I think this is a very under-rated watch, they are a really beautiful design, very retro with the plexi dome. It suffers a little from its size, but works well under a shirt or jacket and is so light you forget it's there.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello again ddf and thank you so much for the pics!
Mine is now set in both correct timezones.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

And I must say that I totally agree with you: for me it has the same "problem" as the Lemania powered manual chrono version, as it is too "light" and definitelly looks better in cold weather – with a long sleeve shirt and a jacket, that is. Also the "prone to scratching" plexiglas is better protected under the clothes.
But I love it's simple yet elegant design and the way it makes a bridge with the old style watches, even if it's relation to the original Carrera can be a little bit far-fetched.

Do you know if it is possible to order an original instructions manual anywhere in the Tag Heuer world?

Hello,
I have a different question concerning the same watch: If I set the time on the main hands does the GMT hand move as well or does it stay where it is?
I am thinking of buying the watch but I want a watch where I can set the main time whenever i land in a different country without loosing my time on the GMT hand.

The time difference between gmt and hour hand stays constant, so when you adjust the hour hand, the gmt time zone changes.

E.g. If your hour hand is on gmt+1 and gmt hand is on gmt, if you adjust the hour hand to gmt+5, the gmt hand will be on gmt+4.

Sounds like this doesn't do what you want, but hey it'll kill a couple of mins on a 10hr flight :)

Thank you very much, that was helpful.
I realy like the looks of the watch, but I am not sure if I could get along well with the mechanism. It‘s a shame.

Thank you very much, that was helpful.
I realy like the looks of the watch, but I am not sure if I could get along well with the mechanism. It‘s a shame.

There's basically two mechanisms, the much hyped rolex and the much maligned eta. In the rolex, the gmt hand moves when you adjust the minutes, like adjusting a regular watch, and the hour hand moves in one hour steps. In the eta, it's the other way around, like a regular three hand watch, with a gmt hand that moves in hour steps.

It really depends on how you use it, I use the hour hand for local time and the gmt hand for the most relevant remote timezone, either home when I'm travelling, or USA East coast when I'm home (UK). Whichever type of movement I had, I would need to set both hands every time I fly, so I don't see it makes much difference.

I guess the place the rolex movement comes into its own is of you don't care about using the gmt hand to show a remote timezone when your home and just leave the gmt hand on home all the time.

Fwiw, my biggest criticism of the watch are is 36mm size and the plexi screen, the movement works fine.

358769A3-296E-411B-9246-B233A8946A11.jpeg
85EED9DE-2D33-4D8A-848D-601F963B933E.jpeg