Forums Latest Members
  1. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 1, 2020

I know, there exists a opening tool 033, that is superrare.

But how to open a case of a Monaco 1133 without this tool ? Can anybody help ? Is the Heuer watchmaker the only option ??

Thank you !!!

2. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 1, 2020

There are other methods that you can research online, but all of them are unofficial so could potentially damage it if you're not careful. Some owners have fashioned their own version of Tool 033 also

3. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 1, 2020

I did some online research, but could not find anything useful, especially no pics of fashioned versions and no possibility to buy one....

4. SteveP

SteveP Nov 1, 2020

Sorry, I don't know of such a lady. (and she might not be so helpful if you call her that either!)

5. SteveP

SteveP Nov 1, 2020

On a serious note I agree with abrod, there are people who have made a 'tool' themselves ...out of Lego even, but there is a significant risk to such a valuable watch so watchmaker would be the way I'd go.

6. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 1, 2020

Probably you are right Steve. I heard about, that it´s always a bit risky to open those Monaco cases, because this squared seal could stick with the dial...

So I let the watchmaker work on his side of the street and I´ll work mine...:)

SteveP likes this.