Forums Latest Members
  1. heuerholic

heuerholic Mar 21, 2018

Been eargerly waiting a few months for my Coal Oiled Handmade Strap from Heuerville.
    Thats not a complaint... delivery was bang on schedule, Good things take time you know...and a good thing it is.

I normally want to stay in-house for my straps and bracelets to keep things original but with the lack of options from Tag Heuer, in fact Zero options, I decided to go to Heuerville after hearing good things on the forums.

Stewart Morley from Heuerville has done a great job and you can just feel the attention to detail and sense the pride taken in producing a piece to be worn and admired for many years.

Thanks Stewart for the great strap.
    https://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/coal-oiled/

Darryn

IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0983.JPG fullsizeoutput_1f70.jpeg IMG_1010.JPG fullsizeoutput_1f72.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1f71.jpeg
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 22, 2018

:thumbsup: Great choice! Thanks for sharing.

3. elbeik

elbeik Mar 22, 2018

I have many straps from Stewart and I can confidently say his work is among the best.

4. TonyStark

TonyStark Mar 22, 2018

Looks great. Is it 21mm width?

5. imagwai

imagwai Mar 22, 2018

Heuerville straps tend to come 0.5mm bigger than specified.

6. Lugduno

Lugduno Mar 22, 2018

Looks amazing! I was about to buy a strap from Stewart, but that didn't happen. Guess I'll have to re-evaluate that decision!

7. abrod520

abrod520 Mar 22, 2018

Stewart's straps are awesome, the long wait time sucks but as you said he does deliver as promised.

8. heuerholic

heuerholic Mar 22, 2018

Yep she is a 21mm. Couldn't find much else on the market that would have done the watch justice.
    But now so glad to have gone to Heuerville.
    Have had the watch on 24 hours now and I keep catching myself admiring my own arm in the mirror.
    It's that good!

DB...

IMG_1023.JPG
    Mspeedster, Ara and OttoWilliam like this.
  9. Gambba

Gambba Mar 23, 2018

Strap looks great on the Autavia. Good choice.

Stewart’s straps are lovely and I will be ordering a few more soon. Add to that he’s a quality guy and proper Heuerist for those that don’t know.

10. TonyStark

TonyStark Mar 23, 2018

They look great.

Thoughts on other colours (aside from black) that would suit the autavia siffert?

Also does anyone know where I can pick up a deployant buckle?

11. Gambba

Gambba Mar 23, 2018

Deployment clasp from Tag Heuer dealer, is about the same price as you find them online. The one with the Heuer branding works perfectly.

Plenty of options from Heuerville. Black with a blue stitch would work perfectly in my eyes.

TonyStark likes this.
  12. rafabond

rafabond Mar 23, 2018

the Autavia with strap changes a lot, it fits better than the bracelet, in my opinion

13. heuerholic

heuerholic Mar 23, 2018

The dark strap helps to make the dial pop.
    Somehow the JH85 dial gets a little lost with the normal bracelet as they are similar tones.
    This dark strap helps the JH85 Autavia whereas the bracelet helps the original black faced Autavia dial pop IMHO.

Agreed a black Heuerville strap with blue accent stitching would be probably look great on the Siffert Autavia but don’t forget it comes with a black strap as part of the package.

14. Lugduno

Lugduno Mar 24, 2018

Indeed. It feels like TH missed an open goal when they released the Autavia Heritage on the brown (?!) leather strap. Sure, it looks quite good especially after some months when the leather gets a bit more of a darker tint, but this or something Monaco calibre11 inspired would look great!

15. TonyStark

TonyStark May 9, 2018

Spoke to an ad today. They said they can only order a full strap with a deployant clasp from tag... suggested a monaco strap. Price was pretty steep though.

Also I think Monaco is 22mm... anyone know if this would fit? @Hubert would you know?

16. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 9, 2018

The 22mm Monaco strap doesn't fit unfortunately...well, I'm sure it could be "made" to fit, but not comfortably

17. TonyStark

TonyStark May 9, 2018

I thought that might be the case.

Don't think I want to pay such sums then be cutting the strap to fit!

18. Lugduno

Lugduno May 10, 2018

Yeah that's a bit too much for something that doesn't fit perfectly. Hopefully, I have a customized similar strap incoming soon...

TonyStark likes this.
  19. TonyStark

TonyStark May 10, 2018

Have seen a few 21mm options from Hirsch with their own deployment clasp that would look good and at a more reasonable price Although I'll wait for the watch to arrive before ordering anything more I think

Anyone got experience of the hirsch straps and their quality?

20. Lugduno

Lugduno May 30, 2018

As I previously wrote I turned down Stewart's offer to make me a customised strap and a few weeks ago another watch nerd told me he was willing to sell his strap since he sold the Autavia. So here it is, a customised strap from Stockholm, Sweden!
    IMG_0132.jpg IMG_0135.jpg

Really happy that I finally got a nice racing strap and it gives the watch a completely different look and feeling than the bracelet or original camel strap!