Forums Latest Members
  1. janice&fred

janice&fred Aug 3, 2020

Hi gang,

I'm mostly active over on the Omega forum but am a huge fan of Heuers and Tags so I thought I would run this watch by y'all. Gotta local guy selling me a package deal of two old Rolexes and this Heuer and I just don't want to get stuck with the Heuer. I'm buying the package deal to keep the Rolexes and this watch will end up standing me at $1400. Sorry for the quick snap shots but the thing is actually real clean and original and that's just dust on it in the pics. Works fine and the movement is clean as well. Whaddaya think? I am not a big fan of PVD watches so it's gonna have to go if I make this deal. I just don't want to be stuck with it and it's difficult to find reliable values on this model.

Thanks for any opinions!

IMG_2213.jpg IMG_2214.jpg

2. Redwes25

Redwes25 Aug 3, 2020

3. SteveP

SteveP Aug 4, 2020

Hi, well I AM a fan of PVD! It does look in very good condition overall. I can't help but feel $1400 is a lot of money for one in the current market, unless someone is REALLY after one. Strap isn't original FYI but looks good otherwise.
    Best, Steve

janice&fred and abrod520 like this.
  4. TomGW

TomGW Oct 7, 2020

IMO none of the hands are correct. However, I have seen a recently Tag Heuer serviced example with a new hand set, comprising similar hour & min hands, Heuer style square-end white sub-dial hands and the original colour red chrono sweep secs hand.
    BTW, I have a couple of NOS cases for this model - just the bare main mid case, if anyone needs to refurb a scruffy one.

5. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Oct 13, 2020

IMHO 1400 USD is a lot of money for this watch - even NOS and with all its correct pieces, I would not pay more than about 1000 and only if I had a hitch - and stating this as a huge PVD fan.
    Cheers,
    Fabrizio

6. L’Omega

L’Omega Mar 7, 2021

Hey Fred this is the watch I just bought from you! Looks like the date was always broken. Surprised you didn’t notice!

7. janice&fred

janice&fred Mar 15, 2021

Hey Larry as I told you I ran the watch for two days and then it stopped when what I guessed was the mainspring gave out. I sold you the watch as a non-runner needing repair for $600. You also knew at the time of purchase the date wasn't advancing and that I had not noticed that previously. Obviously I lost money on this watch but If you're not happy with your purchase then next time I'm in the city simply hand the watch back to me in the same condition as you got it and I will gladly give you back the $600. You could have easily contacted me so no need for this public whining.

8. MarkyB

MarkyB Sep 6, 2022

If Larry gave you back this watch I would love the opportunity to buy it from you.