Forums Latest Members
  1. Ali A

Ali A Apr 23, 2022

Hi,

Does anyone know about Heuer Lambelet. I have one watch from it but cant find it on internet?

Rehgards,
    AA

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 23, 2022

From what I can find on the internet, Heuer Lambelet is not associated with TAG Heuer. Seems to be some kind of knock off operation...
    --
    Heurer & Lambelet is one of several watch names brands of defunct, but once well respected watch manfacturers, purchased by a Dallas based company. The company has it's own design team. The watches are sold on the internet to save overhead. Other brands include Louis Bolle, Lorelli, Rousseau, Invicta, Argenti and others. Only some of the Invictas and the Argentis are made in Swizerland by a noted watch maker and use Swiss parts. These are more expensive. The others use quality Citzen or Seiko watch parts and are assembled in China.
    --
    Here's some of what I found:
    https://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=4206
    https://alt.horology.narkive.com/czSJnviU/heuer-lambelet-watches-an-authentic-swiss-brand

3. Ali A

Ali A Apr 23, 2022

I have a watch and want to get service but cannot find the company on internet anywhere.

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 23, 2022

Not sure, but it seems these watches were introduced sometime around the early 2000s. Could be that Texas based company is no longer in existence. Perhaps you could just take it to a local watch repair shop?

Ali A likes this.
  5. Ali A

Ali A Apr 24, 2022

Thanks alot.

6. dtf

dtf Apr 24, 2022

If they use citizen/seiko movements, any good independent watch repairer should be able to help.

is it quartz or automatic?

post a picture!

7. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 24, 2022

I found more info here: https://www.calibre11.com/history-of-heuer-i-foundation-1920s/

--
    1880S
    On his travels abroad, Heuer had seen that there was also a lot of sales potential in sports timing and this set the seed for what would become the foundation of the company for the century to come.

In 1882, stopwatches appeared in the Heuer portfolio for the first time and soon became the backbone of the company, although trading in precious stones still continued.

The relationship with Fritz Lambelet became strained after a failed proposal to Heuer’s sister and the company in that form was dissolved in 1885, again becoming Ed. Heuer & Cie.

As an interesting historical footnote, the Heuer Lambelet mark would appear again in the 1990s- see below. Having been allowed to lapse by Heuer, it, along with a number of other old watch trademarks were acquired by a Texan marketing company and used to add legitimacy and a sense of history to various brands of watches, largely sourced from the Far East. The Heuer Lambelet and L.B. Audemars brands were eventually dropped as probably too close in name to existing brands, but the practice continued with other lapsed trademarks.

[​IMG][6]

We sometimes see questions asked about these watches and how they fit in with Heuer’s history. Sad to say, the only relationship is that brand name that Heuer itself last used in 1885.
    --

Albert-AMG, Ali A and dtf like this.
  8. Ali A

Ali A Apr 24, 2022

Thanks again. So it seems its not related to Heuer.

9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 24, 2022

Sure, it was interesting to investigate things. Yup no relation to Heuer, other than using a lapsed trademark name from way back in 1885.

It seems these are using movements from Asia, most likely generic Seiko or Citizen based. As @dtf also mentioned, chances are a local watch repair shop can service it for you.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  10. Ali A

Ali A Apr 25, 2022

Here is the picture.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 3.00.46 PM.jpeg
    Mspeedster and dtf like this.
  11. Ali A

Ali A Apr 25, 2022

Yeah sure will go to some local repair guy. thanks

Mspeedster likes this.
  12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 25, 2022

Looks like several hour markers (the applied outlines) have fallen off.

13. Ali A

Ali A Apr 25, 2022

Yeah need to get that fixed.