Forums Latest Members
  1. jacobtc

jacobtc Dec 26, 2021

I purchased this watch a while ago, and upon arrival I noticed that the plexi had to stress marks, but didn't proceed to get it fixed. A year later I've come to love the watch, and want to get it fixed. I have found the part number to be HG0229, but it is nowhere to be found. I've purchased a couple of after market replacements, but non seem to fit the profile of the original. Also when the watch arrived, I noticed that the tachy ring was loose inside the case, so I carefully glued that back on to the dial, however to my surprise, the painting on the tachy was done on a very thin film, and not on the ring itself, so sadly some of it ripped off. I see that the HG0229 contains both items, however I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Pic of damage: https://imgur.com/a/FxS9zLt

2. jacobtc

jacobtc Dec 31, 2021

Anyone?

3. imagwai

imagwai Dec 31, 2021

The only place you can get Tag Heuer parts is from Tag themselves I guess, which will mean sending in the watch or taking it to a watchmaker with a parts account. You may be able to find a similar after-market replacement crystal from somewhere, but again, a watchmaker is best placed to advise - could be wrong, but not sure anybody on here would know.