Heuer Autovia GMT what model ?

Hello there i wonder if anyone can identify my Heuer....I think its a MK2 but the hour and minute hands looks like MK3 ..was it some sort of a cross over between the MK 1 and 2 ?.I am the second owner ( I inherited the watch ) .....its going to serviced and a new crystal put in ...the one small hand has come off which will be sorted out in the service .....thanking you in advance

Looks like you're right. An Autavia 1163 GMT Mk2 dial with Mk 3 hour & minute hands. Others can chime in but not aware of a "crossover"--most likely the hands were replaced during a service...

Just curious, what are the first 3 digits of the serial number?

Thanking you for the reply ...as said I inherited the watch from a close relative who was a pilot .... as am I ...to my knowledge its totally original.......the original small dials on the MK 2 were red ..pilots could not read the dials in the cockpit ( aircraft cockpits back then were illuninated with a red light at night ) so pilots could nt read the watch so thats why the MK3 went to black dials ...... ( the hour minute hands dont matter because they have lume so you can see them ) ......thats why i ask if there was a crossover or pherhaps a recall on early models to correct the problem ....or if my relative requested an upgrade to address the problem ......thank you again I will pull the old girl out the safe and get back to you on the serial numbers

It's all speculative but probably the latter... But in any case the serial range of the Mk2 is 225xxx to 243xxx, if your SN is on the lower end of that then definitely wouldn't be a crossover if Heuer happened to do that. Could there have been a recall? doubtful. The MK 3 was intro'd in 1972 so Heuer may have offered to swap hands of MK2s during services, if the client requested.

Interestingly the MK subdials also had black hands...

one thing is for sure, that's a great piece you have!

Thanking you Matthew for your input .... I just have to get my watch out of safe keeping then will check the serial numbers .....then take it for service ( changing nothing except the crystal ) any idea what the latest value of my watch is ? ....just roughly of course ....thanks again