Forums Latest Members

Heuer Autavia 2446 - 2nd Execution

1. abcoro

abcoro Nov 15, 2014

selling this rare bird from my private collection as I was able to acquire another watch of this reference, this one will need a new home - equipped with a heuer signed valjoux 72 - movement fully serviced - case lightly refurbished and in breathtaking condition - original plexi crystal in perfect condition - pushers and crown received fresh sealings - bezel superb condition - original lume on dial and hands with very nice patina - case size is 39,20 x 47,00. Price details on www.HeuerTime.com
    IMG_9399.jpg IMG_7655.jpg IMG_7656.jpg IMG_7657.jpg IMG_7658.jpg IMG_7661.jpg IMG_7662.jpg IMG_9398.jpg IMG_9399.jpg IMG_9402.jpg

Edited Nov 25, 2014
  2. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2014

That's a beautiful example you have there, I'm somewhat of a novice with Autavias and sort of always think of the 70s automatics when I hear of the model line but that's actually quite similar to those early Zenith De Lucas, I love the condition of yours.

abcoro likes this.
  3. Pasbru

Pasbru Nov 15, 2014

Sharp...I am new to the game as well, but I know what looks good...I am on the hunt myself...when something catches my eye. But yours is sweet, very nice looking. GLWTS!

abcoro and dsio like this.
  4. Brook

Brook Nov 16, 2014

Abel - you sly dog, what a great first FS on David's new forum. Now put on the 2447 Yachting =), please..................

abcoro likes this.
  5. LouS

LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 16, 2014

Beautiful casework as usual! What is the backstory on the dial cracks? What manufacturing strangeness accounts for these?

6. VintageHeuer

VintageHeuer Nov 17, 2014

Very nice old chap, these 2446 screwback case Auravia are all super nice watches, now becoming fairly valued after years of being under-appreciated. Great movement, great dials and beautiful cases, they truly sing on the mk1 original bracelets.

Good luck with sale!

Rich
    www.heuerpriceguide.com

Edited Nov 17, 2014
    abcoro likes this.
  7. abcoro

abcoro Nov 18, 2014

Dear Lucian. Well, this particular watch did not need so much work initially but only some detailing work, result is very nice...I agree ;)

About these cracks in the dial. Let's say when you see 10 examples of this 2446 MKII, at least 5 of them will have a crack in at least one of the three subregisters, very curious indeed. Cracks are very very subtle and most of the time not visible in pictures, certainly with pictures with less quality/bad lighting you can't see them. Strange thing is we only see them on these 2446 MKII dials, I have not seen this "flaw" on the earlier or on the later dials from the 2446 reference, also I have not seen it yet with the 2 register variants which are equipped with the Heuer signed Valjoux 92.

So...might be interesting to gather some more info and pictures from these beloved, but very rare 2446 MKII Autavia's.

Best,
    abel.

8. Gavin

Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Nov 19, 2014

That's a beauty Abel. May I ask what's your price as I don't see it in your ad. Thanks.

9. abcoro

abcoro Nov 20, 2014

Hey Gavin, sorry...watch is on hold for now. If it's not sold I can share asking price with you. Best, Abel.

10. Gavin

Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Nov 20, 2014

Thanks Abel.

11. 777ism

777ism May 15, 2021

I've got this NOS genuine Heuer bezel that I bought by mistake for my Autavia (shown in photo). The metal surfaces are black whereas mine is all silver, apart from the tachy ring obviously. Is it of any interest to anyone? I paid £750 for it as I believe they're very rare and would accept the same or a swap for a good silver one. I bought the watch new in 1971. It's been sitting in the original box for years but I've fallen in love with it again! I'm new to this forum so I don't know if I've posted this in the right place. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

IMG_5008.JPG Heuer bezel 01.jpg Heuer bezel 02.jpg
    imagwai likes this.