Forums Latest Members
  1. JuliusV

JuliusV Jul 28, 2022

Hello,

I found the old watch of my dad from the 1980's but there is no bezel anymore. I called TAG Heuer and they told me '' we don't have this piece anymore sorry ''.

Do you know where I could find one ? I already went on Ebay but nothing really good there...

Thank you for your help

2. SteveP

SteveP Jul 28, 2022

Hi-great find! It may be a tough one to find a bezel however.

It must be an 'L' model bezel, not the earlier or later models. I'd certainly keep an eye on Ebay for a bezel, donor case or watch even. Other 'L' model bezels would work too-such as 980.007L or 980.032L but these tend to be scarcer so are more expensive generally.

I'm sure something will come up in time-you'll have to be patient and keep watching however. I'll keep and eye out too.
    Best, Steve

3. RockBurner

RockBurner Jul 28, 2022

I've been watching for a bezel for ages for my mongrel 1000 (980.029L case). Finally one came up, but after spending £120 on it, and receiving it from Portugal I realised it's for the original case, not the 'L' case! (which is thinner and has a thinner bezel). D'oh!

Best of luck with your searching, they're few and far between. :( As SteveP says, you may be best off looking for a 'parts/repair' complete watch or just a case (with bezel), but the problem with them is that they tend to be in pretty poor condition.

It basically depends on how much you want to spend!

4. JuliusV

JuliusV Jul 28, 2022

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/304348706763Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I found that on Ebay but I do not know if it could fit. I would change the insert later because they are in a too bad condition.

Thank you very much for your answers !

5. RockBurner

RockBurner Jul 28, 2022

I can't tell if that's an early, mid, or late case.

6. mattp

mattp Jul 28, 2022

This seller also has a 39mm version for sale. Only a bezel without case. I know my 980.006N is 39mm.
    Maybe this one fits the L?

7. mattp

mattp Jul 28, 2022

Not cheap..

8. SteveP

SteveP Jul 29, 2022

No that's the smaller model. 'brokenchrono' was the first place I looked but I didn't see anything suitable. Unless it is specified as an 'L' case/bezel, I'd always assume it is for the thicker case and won't work unfortunately.
    Thanks, Steve