Forums Latest Members
  1. JustLean

JustLean Dec 14, 2014

I am looking for advice regarding a Heuer Carrera I purchased this summer. Unfortunately, the model number and serial number have essentially been worn away (from an ill fitting strap I assume), although the very tops of the digits are barely legible. The pictures I took are not the greatest, but the dial is gray, the registers are white and the Tachy ring is blue (and the chrono is a very obvious orange). I have simply never seen this color scheme before, as most of the 1153's I have found always have the colors of the Tachy ring and the registers to match... Any ideas? The crown is signed and the pushers appear to be original. Calibre 11 movement runs great.

Thanks in advance! IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4106.JPG
    Edited Dec 14, 2014
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 14, 2014

Hi there and thanks for these photos- very clear. I've spoken about your watch with another collector and we agree that the watch is an interesting combination. Let's start with the "bad news"
    - No question in my mind that someone at some point has added Heuer parts not original to this watch, for example, the blue outer tachy-ring and the hour and minutes hands
    - They do look like Heuer parts, but not from an early 1153 Carrera which is from say 1969-1971

But, the good news: From what I can see, the dial is original and beautifully aged. The other collector (who is on this forum and may want to chime in) agrees that the dial appears original.

This is important because it is relatively easy to replace those parts that are not correct to return the watch to its original condition- if the dial had been altered, then there's not much you can do.

dc

3. JustLean

JustLean Dec 14, 2014

Thanks DC! Any advice on where to run down such replacement parts?

4. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 15, 2014

Beautiful panda dial!

5. JustLean

JustLean Dec 15, 2014

Thanks Dslo... I really love the dial.

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 16, 2014

He's going to be a busy man, but check the thread on the Heuer Autavia restoration project for details of work done by Abel Court. You could also try placing a "Wanted to Buy" message in the Marketplace board...and definately keep an eye on eBay.

dc