Forums Latest Members
  1. ciandro

ciandro May 26, 2020

I just acquired this Heuer 1000 and I am trying to understand more about it. I can't find any information on it...

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 4.32.45 PM.png

My google/ebay/chrono24 searches are showing me results for the 980.006 models, but the differences with mine are the model is actually a 980.007 (which I can't find many of) and it has a Tritium dial I believe (t-swiss ?):

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 4.37.38 PM.png

* Do you know anything about the 980.007?
    * What is different from the 980.006?
    * Are the 007 models more rare or not really any difference?
    * What is the expected value for a model like this?

All in all I am really happy about it, just curious. I got it on a black leather strap but I believe the original bracelet should be a jubilee one unmarked. Do you know if that is true? Or was the original bracelet marked "Heuer" on the clasp?

Any links or docs on this model are super appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alex

PhillipDB and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. SteveP

SteveP May 27, 2020

Hi Alex, very interesting piece you have (to me) but not necessarily for the reasons you may think!
    Firstly, here is the 980.007-I'm surprised you can't find much about it as it is quite well-known-it is the orange-dialled version of the 980.006-
    [​IMG]
    The photo isn't the greatest sorry, but does show the main features. Yes, they are significantly more scarce than the 980.006 so holds a premium in price/value. That said, I believe you can effectively ignore it as you have a 980.006. It is not uncommon for Heuer to mix-up parts on these divers and actually, not uncommon to see a 980.006 with a 980.007 caseback.

You are correct on the Tritium dial, although we don't see many with this marking so it is less usual. Both the 980.006 and 007 would have come with a Heuer-signed jubilee bracelet, never blank. There were other options, such as a 'large-hole' tropic strap, ISOFRANE strap and oyster bracelet but the jubilee is most commonly seen. Here is a catalog page-
    [​IMG]

So the above is all relatively standard. The MOST interesting part is the extra serial number you have on the back-2914. I've been doing some research on these and there are a few matching examples, being 3xxx but with a matching font. I believe these to be military issued watches but at this stage, I have no idea to whom they were issued...and as there are no other indications I'm not sure we'll ever know sadly.

Hopefully that answers your questions-it's a great piece so enjoy it!
    Best, Steve

RockBurner and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. RockBurner

RockBurner May 27, 2020

4. PhillipDB

PhillipDB May 27, 2020

Beautiful watch!

5. ciandro

ciandro May 31, 2020

Thanks for all your replies! I bought a tool this weekend to open the case back and I took a picture of the movement. Seems legit. Do you confirm it is a 980.006?

heuer-mvmt.JPG

6. SteveP

SteveP Jun 1, 2020

The movement is correct and I'm pretty sure I've seen that Heuer font on the coil cover before, so looks good to me. :thumbsup:

ciandro and RockBurner like this.
  7. ciandro

ciandro Jun 1, 2020

Thanks Steve! I am loving this watch and wearing it everyday. I rarely do that as I like to switch even daily sometimes now that I am working from home ;)

SteveP likes this.
  8. SteveP

SteveP Jun 16, 2020

ps this 980.006 is on Ebay currently, same signed .movement as yours. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

9. eduk

eduk Jun 18, 2020

It's either a 980.006 with incorrect caseback, or a 980.007 with incorrect dial & hands!