Forums Latest Members

Heart Rate Monitor for the TAG HEUER CONNECTED 45

1. bobby1652

bobby1652 Jan 11, 2018

Could some one say is there a Heart Rate Monitor that is compatible with the Connected 45?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 12, 2018

Given that the Connected Modular 45mm doesn't have a Heart Rate Sensor, I doubt any application can compensate for this.

3. AndySix

AndySix Jan 12, 2018

Only heart rate sensor would be a "Bluetooth smart" (not Ant+) chest sensor. But I think I read somewhere that someone tried to connect one and did not succeed.

Edited Jan 12, 2018
  4. nelsinho

nelsinho Jan 13, 2018

I did some digging online and there old posts claiming that the Ghostracer app supported the Polar Bluetooth HRMs (like the H7), but this app requires that the phone app is installed for it to record and sync I believe, and is Android only (I use an Iphone).

I tried with the Wahoo Tickr X and this app, and it did not work.

5. AndySix

AndySix Jan 13, 2018

Most phones support Ant+ and maybe also Bluetooth smart. So if you pair the chest strap with the phone and use the Endomondo app on the watch to remote control the app on the phone it would work. Should work on both (newer) iPhones and most Android phones.

Would need to bring the phone on your workout, though.

6. nelsinho

nelsinho Jan 15, 2018

On Android Wear 2.0 there is no Endomondo app on the Play Store. Have you been able to run it?

7. jezwick

jezwick Jan 16, 2018

The endomondo app works great on the connected 45, I haven't connected any HR monitors to it but a friend of mine has mutiple sensors on his bike connected fine to his phone via ant+. I can see no reason why this info couldn't be set on the endomondo watch face..

The same I guess is true with Strava of which there is already a built in watch face :)

8. AndySix

AndySix Jan 16, 2018

Yes, should work. When I install Endomondo on my phone it will also ask to install the watch version.
    I have done it before, but not on the 45 as I use my Garmin Chronos for workouts.

Can try and connect the Garmin HRM-RUN to my phone and check if the HR is displayed on the 45. I am pretty confident it should work, but keep in mind the watch will only be like a remote control for the Endomondo app on the phone (start/stop and to display data).

9. AndySix

AndySix Jan 16, 2018

Works with Endomondo. Using GPS from the phone, but I am inside so the reception was not very good:

2018-01-16 16.29.37-mod.jpg
    You can start/stop your workouts on the watch with the big button, but everything is actually logged on the App on your phone. I think you might be able to use the watch GPS, but the phone GPS is really accurate even when in a pocket from my experience.

Also connected my Garmin HRM-RUN Ant+ chest belt to the Endomondo app on my Samsung phone. Was done in 10 seconds and I have results below:

2018-01-16 16.29.58-mod.jpg

As you see I was not really that surprised it worked. :D
    Fun fact: cost me a total of 5 calories to test this.

10. jezwick

jezwick Jan 16, 2018

So then this watchface https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watch.richface.runner&hl=en should be able to display your heart rate ???

11. AndySix

AndySix Jan 16, 2018

No, I doubt that would not work. When using Endomondo it is really Endomondo showing the HRM details.

12. nelsinho

nelsinho Jan 22, 2018

I see Endomondo working when Android phones are paired. I have an IPhone so it does not work in this way.

13. bobby1652

bobby1652 Feb 20, 2018

For some reason I can't install Endomondo. I use a iPhone X, could it be that?

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 5.47.11 PM.png
  14. nelsinho

nelsinho Feb 20, 2018

Endomondo still works on the way Android Wear originally worked before the 2.0 update: you install the app on an Android phone and a companion app if available is installed on the watch. So no way to Endomondo to the watch if an IPhone is used.

15. nelsinho

nelsinho Feb 20, 2018

Sorry for the typos, I replied from my phone. I meant “still works the way...” and “no way to install Endomondo...”