Have we spoken about the gold Aquaracer?

Rose gold colour PVD sounds a bit flaky to me...
Yes that phrasing is what got me to investigate and I was told there is no gold used. They only use actual gold for capped or solid models

Rose gold colour PVD sounds a bit flaky to me...

That's on the strap. Most strap makers will skip plating buckles with real gold since it'll probably just flake off anyway

That's on the strap. Most strap makers will skip plating buckles with real gold since it'll probably just flake off anyway
So you are certain that on cases, bezels and crowns most watches are plated with actual 9 or 18k gold? Even cheap shitters like Longines, Tissot, Doxa, Victorinox etc priced around 1-3k? This is very surprising and also I wonder why Longines sales lady checked and told me there is no gold used for the fugly Hydroconquest. She was probably stupid and people can make mistakes.

This kinda changes the game completely for me, if I can get an actual gold plated watch for cheap money 👍

This is very surprising and also I wonder why Longines sales lady checked and told me there is no gold used for the fugly Hydroconquest.

It's unclear - however, the price difference does make me wonder a bit.

These are Longines' older mall-watch models though, which haven't been through the update process that all the new higher-quality models feature.

The watch OR bracelet it says.... 😒

Just imagine all the 18k gold they have to use to plate this beauty! And getting this amount of real gold for only 1000 'Murican, now that is value for money

Tissot-PRX-Powermatic-80-35mm-yellow-gold-PVD-Featured.jpg