Hallo all.

Evening, just found this site whilst browsing something else, I have a carrera chrono at the moment along with a 1000 series divers ((green face model)which needs new works) and have been offered a 2 month old Monaco Steve McQueen at a good saving from new, do I need another watch? Or should I waste the money on supercharging my Honda, well, SWMBO SAYS ONLY ONE So I'll be waiting to try the watch on before committing, but I don't really need a faster car so we are leaning the way of the watch. Opinions/advise anyone?
Oh, liking what I've seen here on the forum so far.

My guess is the Honda will depreciate more than the watch.

Hmm. Do you need another watch? Yes, yes you do.

Should your Honda be faster? Of course!

But back to your question- would I swap a Lume-dial 1000 and a Carrera for a Monaco? yes, I reckon I would. The current Monaco is to my eyes the best production Monaco we've seen...a beautiful watch. Without knowing which Carrera you have, I think the Carrera is more conventional. The 1000 divers are nice...but I'd go for the Monaco.

Welcome to forum- and please come back either way and show us what you decided 😉

Don't forget a supercharged Honda will incur higher running costs and potential repairs / maintenance bills.

Your watch, well, technically won't.

Don't forget a supercharged Honda will incur higher running costs and potential repairs / maintenance bills.

Your watch, well, technically won't.

Have you seen how much TH charge for servicing...

You should possibly ask the same question on a Honda forum to ensure balance. And post some pictures while you're at it.

You should possibly ask the same question on a Honda forum to ensure balance. And post some pictures while you're at it.
I remember meeting the head of TAG Heuer's servicing team in Switzerland a few years back- he was ex-BMW. I remember him saying that the cost/ hour of the TAG Heuer "technicians" was a lot less than what BMW would charge...here's what I wrote

"Interestingly, Mr. Francesconi comes from a high-end German car maker, and he certainly felt that TAG Heuer took a much "softer" approach in dealing with repair issues under warranty than he saw in that industry. Speaking of the car industry, the cost charged per hour for a watchmaker is about 50% of the cost that the car industry charge for a technician (ex-parts), which is an interesting comparison, even though you could argue that the cost of a watch is far less than 50% of the cost of a car- I guess the point is that the skill level is similar."

It's not about Honda in particular; any modified car will require different levels and maintenance.
A Turbo will require new bearings every now and then.
Tires, spark plugs, any the many consumables in a car, all parts of running costs.

Plus vehicle mods don't increase the value, and arguably make it harder to sell down the line.

If it has a blue dial and it is proposed with a VERY big discount don't buy it for any reason... just tell me who is the seller and I'll buy it! LOL 😀

Hey folks, I was a little unclear in my first post, it's the supercharger for the Honda(S2000) or the watch, I get to keep the watches(tags and others)I already have, so I guess I need to grow another wrist or wear one around an ankle to get best use, I at present actually have a third Tag in my pile, it's a wk1120-1lb9104? Sports model in stainless and gold finish, me, I just like watches, so since the Honda is really almost quick enough and gaining value better if standard I'll wait for the call to go to my friendly jeweller when the watch is available to me. Cheers folks, will add a picture soon.

The S2000 is a great car, own it with pride.
While getting another watch to grow your passion, you should also consider another car for daily usage and preserve that hot roadster 😀

We have a daily runner too, a big dog and elderly parents mean we need a sensible car too, so a Seat Leon Fr tdi lives on the drive, it can be fun too though.

Nice roadster; really like those, especially in that color.