GMT hand setting.

Just had a discussion with a couple of guys at work about GMT watches, there seems to be a difference of opinion regarding which hands to set, so, does the single GMT hand remain at “home” time and the normal pair go to destination time, or do you all set the single hand go to local time and leave home on the normal pair?
Quite an interesting time watching the others getting hot and bothered over a simple discussion, although I kept it going by agreeing with both sides, slow day in the motor trade today.

Home time with the gmt hand as the pepsi bezel indicates if it‘s day or night (at home)....

Oh, missed that point, gonna toss that in first time it goes quiet at coffee tomorrow, I love causing friction.::stirthepot::

And also the date is generally linked to the main hands not the GMT hand so that is another reason why the main hands for the local time is correct.

Main hands local time, gmt at the most relevant remote time zone. For me thats time at home, when I'm travelling, or est when I'm at home.

Of course, I might be using my watch wrong ;)

On the Grand Carrera GMT the subdial is the home time, the main hands are the local time. Doesn't give you any clue whether it's day or night as it's a 12 hour GMT - go figure!
TAG-Heuer-TAG-Heuer-Grand-Carrera-17-A.jpg

Thanks folks, it was interesting today at work, every little helps the time pass. I learned something new too.

On the Grand Carrera GMT the subdial is the home time, the main hands are the local time. Doesn't give you any clue whether it's day or night as it's a 12 hour GMT - go figure!
TAG-Heuer-TAG-Heuer-Grand-Carrera-17-A.jpg
Just sleep off the rest of the 12 hours and you're golden ! ;)