Forums Latest Members

FSOT: Vintage Heuer Carrera 2447s chronograph - Early 1st execution - polyback case

1. asp24

asp24 Jun 20, 2020

A beautiful watch for sale today, perfect proportions and a rare find!

For sale today is a beautiful and rare vintage Heuer Carrera 2447s, known as the Carrera 12. Heuer’s are a great investment watch with prices increasing steadily over the last few years. The Heuer Carrera is powered by the beautiful and robust Valjoux 72. This version of the watch is the rare polygon casebook version with a beautiful sunblush dial. It also has the correct and unsigned crown.

This is a first execution 2447s but is the version that was released slightly later than the egg shell version. The 2447s was the origin of the Carrera range, more recently TAG Heuer paid homage to the original 2447s with a re-edition to mark 160 years since it came out.

The case of this Heuer Carrera 2447s is in amazing condition. The dial is in good condition and does not have any major blemishes or marks apart from a very small mark just above Carerra text, the hands on the watch also looks to have the correct deterioration.

The movement is in good condition and is correctly signed with Heuer Leonidas. The watch is in full working order, keeping very good time for its age and the chronograph is starting, stopping and resetting very smoothly.

The Heuer Carrera is one of the most iconic watches of the last 50 years and set the course for decades of watch design. Designed by Jack Heuer in the early 60’s, the Carrera line still exists till this day with early models becoming some of the most desired vintage watches in the market.

Specifications:
    Maker:
    Heuer
    Model: Carrera
    Reference: 2447s
    Material: Stainless steel
    Dimensions: 36 mm (without crown) / 42 mm (lug-to-lug) / 11 mm (thick) / 18 mm (between lugs).
    Sapphire Crystal: No, plexiglass
    Lume: Yes, tritium
    Caliber: Manual wound chronograph caliber Valjoux 72
    Date Introduced: 1963
    Strap: Black leather strap
    Lug Width: 18mm
    Box/Papers: Comes with Box but does not have papers

Price: £6000 ono (happy to discuss trades too, would be interested in considering any watches of similar value or multiple watches :)

PM me or text/call 07927273876, happy to ship in the UK and internationally but would want payment made through PayPal. Please note international customs charges and taxes will be the buyers responsibility.

Watch was serviced in 2018 and is working perfectly.

If you require any more photographs please let me know, I'm not a pro photographer so sorry if it isn't good enough, just drop me a message, this is new to me! Item will be sent tracked, signed and fully insured.
    If you have any questions please let me know, good luck and happy shopping!

Thanks

s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg s-l1600-9.jpg s-l1600-10.jpg s-l1600-11.jpg s-l1600-12.jpg s-l1600.jpg
    whats_shakin, eduk, Anthony.R and 3 others like this.
  2. asp24

asp24 Jun 30, 2020

bump