Forums Latest Members
  1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 18, 2017

:thumbsup: Can never go wrong with GULF livery!
    [​IMG]

erich77 and WernerBoeinck like this.
  2. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Aug 17, 2017

Ford announced a "67 Heritage Edition" of the GT for 2018! It will have the Foyt/Gurney colours. The number of cars is not yet known, but the price is: € 530.000.-. Sorry, not for me! Would go
    for a TAGHeuer limited edition instead...

IMG_1779.JPG
    Hubert and erich77 like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 19, 2017

Yes, very cool car!

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  4. dtf

dtf Aug 19, 2017

That looks great. A GT40 is one of my dream cars, I was very upset to discover I don't fit!

5. MRC

MRC Aug 19, 2017

I found I did fit when a local Ford dealer had one on display for a week. They made the mistake of not locking the door and of course I was straight in there! While I was sitting dreaming two younger boys came up and looked inside. This was a genuine racing car and had no speedometer of course (nor door-locks I wonder?). One of the boys looked at the rev-counter and said "Oh, it only does 70." The other looked the water temperature gauge and said "No it will do 250."

More speedo tales: my mother was always a nervous passenger and not capable of judging speed except by looking at the speedometer so when I bought a Mini Cooper "S" I pulled the speedo out and turned the needle down by 20mph -- a very easy operation on 1960's Minis. My next road car (two racers inbetween) was a Lotus Elite which had a kph only speedo. I had left the parental embrace by then and had not thought of the effect on her of seeing the needle at 130 when cruising calmly along. She was terrified the first and only time she rode in it!

Scan-0064.jpg

My Lotus Elite and house-mate's Mini Cooper in 1975.

6. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Sep 1, 2017

You are not alone! There might be a huge community!

dtf likes this.
  7. SteveP

SteveP Sep 1, 2017

Fascinating tales and always a Lotus thrown in for good measure-that must be Mike Causer?

Steve

8. MRC

MRC Sep 1, 2017

Dammit, I've been outed!

Have another Lotus....

..... in fact why not have three? LeMans1956.jpg

FTAOD I was not there in 1956, I was flying the Fairey Delta 2 to the world speed record at the time. In a mocked-up cockpit on my parents' dining-room floor.

Edited Sep 1, 2017
    SteveP likes this.
  9. Calbr3

Calbr3 Mar 22, 2018

Awesome photos. I like what how they designed the truck parts. That would definitely make Lightning McQueen proud.