Forums Latest Members
  1. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck May 10, 2016

I know, we have some motorracing experts on the forum (DC, Hubert, dsio?).
    In the past, we had focussed on the Ford GT.
    Last weekend there was the WEC Race at Spa.
    Unfortunately the Chip Ganassi-Ford had a puncture leading to an accident. Fortunately the Driver. Stephan Mücke, was not seriously hurt. The second GT reached 16nd place.
    Hope to see them in July at the Nürburgring.
    Greetingd
    Werner

Calibre11 likes this.
  2. Big Adam

Big Adam May 10, 2016

I'm heading to Historic Grand Prix in Monaco this weekend. :D

erich77, cicindela and Calibre11 like this.
  3. imagwai

imagwai May 10, 2016

Nice. What will be on the wrist?

4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 10, 2016

Very exciting! Glad you'll be able to make it out this year. Please don't forget to share some pics!!

Very Nice! Same thing; pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Calibre11 likes this.
  5. Big Adam

Big Adam May 10, 2016

Taking Telemeter for a weekend away.
    And Hubert, target is a wristie next to a '76 JPS Lotus.

WernerBoeinck and Hubert like this.
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 11, 2016

I've been lucky enough to go to the Monaco Grand Prix twice, (2010- Webber won the race and Ricciardo the warm-up race- and 2014) but never the historic race, which I reckon would be more fun.

I don't know about your list, but I've got five circuits I'd love to visit:
    1. Monza
    2. Spa
    3. WTCC race at the Nordschleife
    4. Le Mans
    5. (for different reasons) Singapore

I guess these are all for different reasons, but from a circuit point of view, Spa would be my pick. Looking more locally, I love the Mt. Panorama circuit at Bathurst- that's where I learned to love motorsport- Skyline, the Esses and the Dipper
    491607698.jpg

erich77, Hubert and WernerBoeinck like this.
  7. Big Adam

Big Adam May 11, 2016

My viewpoint during F1 weekend last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a rather upset Lewis on the big TV after Mercedes threw away the win:
    [​IMG]

erich77, imagwai and Hubert like this.
  8. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck May 11, 2016

Nice atmosphere! Racing, good weather, and the taste of money.

9. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2016

I'm really keen to see the Singapore GP at some point, I love the intensity of that race and how the heat, technically demand nature and race length turn it into almost an endurance race for the drivers, beautiful city too that I thoroughly enjoy visiting for its watch collecting culture, and not far from Australia too. Its also the race Danny Ric has the best chance of winning again in the Redbull, along with the Hungaroring.

Spa I'd also like to see especially a wet race, and Suzuka just because the fans and atmosphere always looks so fantastic, the Japanese really embrace the event with a passion you rarely see outside of Europe.

10. abrod520

abrod520 May 11, 2016

The GT won its first race here in US-based IMSA competition at Laguna Seca a few weeks back, in case you missed that :)

11. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck May 12, 2016

Missed it indeed. Thanks!

12. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck May 13, 2016

I missed something else: The first WEC-Race was in April 2016 (6 hours Silverstone). There the GT reached in overall places 20 and 21. Sounds disappointing, but the truth is different. The GT belongs to the LMGTE Pro category, which probably is similar to the IMSA regulations. In the range of the LMGTE Pro the results are not too bad. To fight for 1st places in overall you would need a LMP1 or LMP2 car. Under this aspect WEC is somewhat sophisticated. For those interested: www.fiawec.com

HAGWE
    Werner

13. abrod520

abrod520 May 13, 2016

Ah yes - welcome to sportscar racing :) Do try to catch some of the 24 Hours of Le Mans this June - it's such a wonderful event. Kind of like the World Cup and the Olympics all in one 24-hour race!

The Ford GT's first-ever race was at the Daytona 24 Hours, in late January. They unfortunately did not do very well, though at this level of racing it's very unusual to finish your first season - much less your first race! - without any problems.

In the US, the "IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship" runs LMP2 and GTE Pro cars according to ACO (WEC) rules, alongside their own prototypes and GT3-class cars. The real attraction is the GT racing, though, with factory teams from Corvette, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, and Ford in GTE Pro all racing very intensely.... I don't know if telecasts are available internationally but you might find something at www.imsa.com

14. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck May 13, 2016

Thanks for the link. Didn't know that they drive sports cars like WTCC...

15. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 20, 2016

This is a bit sad to see, at the Monaco historic Grand Prix a crane lifts a car 30 feet in the air... then drops it splat onto the ground, just as the green flag comes out and racing gets underway, carnage ensues as the safety car tries and fails to get back into the lead to stop them.

erich77 likes this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 20, 2016

::facepalm2:: The crane people had ONE JOB!

17. Big Adam

Big Adam May 20, 2016

Wow. I was above Beau Rivage and we could see the collapsed car on the big TV but completely missed how it had happened. Clearly race control didn't get the message of the c0ck up and restarted the race. We were all screaming for a red flag but the first came out directly below us. A couple of drivers lifted off the throttle and chaos ensued!
    The race before this one had Adrian Newey in his Lotus 49. He started at the back and ended up 7th!

18. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 21, 2016

For anyone who watches feeder series, massive accident in F3 a couple of hours ago, car runs off and creates dust cloud as it comes back onto the racing line, car behind comes in at full speed and just gets annihilated up the back of the stationary car.

19. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck May 21, 2016

Some minutes ago I read the news that Peter Li is still being
    checked by the doctors. He could not leave his car on its own.
    Hope we don't have a next Bianchi....

20. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 21, 2016

Looks like the poor bloke has a broken back (4 vertebra, no surgery likely) and severely broken heel (surgery needed), for anyone watching the video Peter is the bloke going up the back.

Have to admire his courage keeping the boot in through the dust, Kimi did the same a decade ago at Spa and got lucky, people commended him for the balls that showed. Peter did the same but didn't get lucky.