For fans of the Silverstone Re-edition

I looked back at the 2010 Silverstone re-edition today, because I think this is the approach that I expect TAG Heuer takes with the Autavia for 2017- that is, an (almost) exact copy.

Check out the Silverstone articles here, all updated with high-res images

http://www.calibre11.com/model/tag-heuer/tag-heuer-silverstone/
TAG-Heuer-Silverstone-1-1.jpg

TAG-Heuer-Silverstone-Red-LE-6.jpg

TAG-Heuer-Silverstone-Re-edition-1a.jpg

That is one watch that i really wish my wrists were big enough to wear.

More than the Monaco, it looks just right on the old NSA bracelets and I love that convex "bezel" lip. That blue on the bracelet in that photo woudnt look or of place in a modern line up.

When this one came out, I was never really compelled to buy it. Sure it would be nice to have one on the collection to "tick a box", but the design never really did it for me.

Other modern reinterpretations of classic pieces, have evolved the original lines and dare I say, most of those have been arguably better. But I just never got the appeal of this one.

It' beautiful, but I wouldn't wear it. But that's just me.
A Monaco is challenging to wear already and tricky to integrate with your wardrobe, but the Silverstone is in a totally different league.

The mistake that TAG Heuer made with the Silverstone was listening to the vintage collectors who were pushing for it to be re-made. It's always been a niche watch rather than a design that has broad appeal. And of course having encouraged for it to be re-issued, most vintage collectors then said, well, it's too expensive and I'll stick to the original!

I love the Silverstone...it's my favorite vintage Heuer and there are certainly days when I regret selling my NOS Blue example (the one in the photos). But I do think that it's a "harder" watch to sell than say another vintage-themed Carrera.

Dc