First post, new member.

hi to all, advise needed if possible regarding watch purpose. At the ripe old age of 60 I'm in the position to treat myself to a Tag Heuer.
What is members opinion of the following - Carrera Calibre 36, CAR2B10.BA0799. I have found one that is on offer at £3960.00. It's from an authorised uk dealer, I wouldn't spend that much money anywhere else.
I believe this is a substantial saving from the rrp of approximately £6600.
Is it a good deal ? Should I buy another model for around £4000.00 ?
Any advise would be most appreciated.

Watch choice is a very personal thing but that is a REALLY good price, AD or otherwise.

Assuming you like that particular model, and it is new, the price is in good standing.

If you're not in a hurry, check the recent Basel releases, you might find something you like.

Watchfinder (also in the UK) have a 2 year-old one for £3650. They'd probably knock another couple of hundred off that price, but even so, it's probably worth going for the brand new one for a little bit more.

Hi from another new start, sounds like a good deal to me, hopefully my latest option will come to fruition soon.

Welcome @Obanboy666 It's likely that these watches will be the last TAG Heuer to use the Calibre 36 movement, which as you may know is the Zenith El Primero...one of the first and finest chronograph movements.

Good luck and please come back and post photos if you go ahead!

Hi Obanboy! In my list, the Tag Heuer Monaco with Calibre 11 movement (CAW211P) would be the first choice.

Anyway, I like the El Primero movement very much (I may decide to buy a vintage Zenith for 1.500 € by the end of this week), and the Flyback CAR2B10.BA0799 is a great piece!