Forums Latest Members

ETA 964.114 Equivalent Movement for Heuer 1000 Dive watch

1. Peter1337

Peter1337 Oct 24, 2018

Hi All, just trying to find the equivalent to this movement for an old Heuer 1000 dive watch. I assume its not available anymore. Is the ETA 955.114 OK to use?

2. chronomaticguy

chronomaticguy Oct 25, 2018

Do you have the broken 964.114? Can you measure the movement? I can't find any data about that movement, except it was the predecessor of 955.114 in Heuer 1000 series, with the difference that the latter was used in thinner cases, meaning 955.114 is thinner. Here is the specs for the 955.114 and the newer 955.112, which are exchangeable:
    Data
    11.5''', Dm= 25.6mm
    H= 2.5mm
    If these Dm is the same but the height is different, there is a good chance you can use it, even though the new movement is thinner. The movement holder (plastic ring) might hold it sturdy in the case. The movements are $30, so I would just try it. The question has been asked many times on the net and nobody seems to know the answer.

Nonsense likes this.
  3. SteveP

SteveP Oct 25, 2018

Hi Peter, I'm not sure if the 955.114 is a direct swap-I believe it was used in the later TAG models, (N case designation) whereas the 964 was used in the pre-TAG Heuer 'L' version, which I assume yours is. For a cheap and cheerful replacement, look up a ETA/ESA 450.111.They aren't as robust or well made as the originals (and unlikely to be serviceable if it breaks) but will be a direct replacement for you.

Best,
    Steve

Nonsense and Ara like this.
  4. Nonsense

Nonsense Apr 29, 2023

Please excuse me for digging up this old thread. I am also intessted about the replacement options. But I would prefer a better movement than the ETA 450.111. According th the specs the ETA F06.412 should fit:

What I like is the inclusion of HeavyDrive and PreciDrive.

Has anyone of you experience with this movement in a Heuer 1000? The first challenge might be to source it somewhere. I will probably contact @TAG1000Diver.com directly, because I am not only looking for the movement, but also the rest of the watch...

Best,
    Greg

5. SteveP

SteveP May 2, 2023

Hi Greg, it's not a movement I've come across or used myself before.
    No doubt Justin will have some insight-but surely if you don't yet have the watch you don't really need to consider the movement unless you happen to end up buying one which needs replacing? Often the original movements are working/serviceable so the cheap throwaway ones aren't required!
    Best, Steve

Nonsense likes this.