Ebay - the fakes, the fraud and the doubts

LOL

anyone planning to attend this event to celebrate Ebay authenticity guarantee

This is timely, I am quite impressed with the eBay inspection service. They authenticated it as genuine (I’m pretty sure it is) and then raised a case saying it wasn’t as described (‘like new’), sent photos of the damage and asked if I wanted to proceed or return it and be refunded.

LOL

anyone planning to attend this event to celebrate Ebay authenticity guarantee

Someone should definitely ask why they're dismissing reports for obviously fake watches.

Someone should definitely ask why they're dismissing reports for obviously fake watches.
All these marketing campaigns about authenticity are clearly just a very clever and sneaky way of increasing trust among the public, ensuring thay ebay keep making huge profits on counterfeit goods

https://handt.co.uk/search?page=2&q=caz1014

Wonder how many of these are genuine?

I would say almost all of them. I scoured their pages a year ago before buying a Tag Heuer Caz101z and almost new Breitling Superocean Heritage 2. I did come across a couple of Tag Heuer fakes. I went onto their chat, made them aware, received an apology and within 10 minutes they were taken down. I have a critical eye and must have looked through around 1000 with only seeing the 2 fake ones.
I also have it in writing that if at a later date the watch turns out to be fake or stolen you will get a full refund with no time limit.
I have to say that my confidence in buying from them would be similar to buying preowned from an AD.

I would say almost all of them. I scoured their pages a year ago before buying a Tag Heuer Caz101z and almost new Breitling Superocean Heritage 2. I did come across a couple of Tag Heuer fakes. I went onto their chat, made them aware, received an apology and within 10 minutes they were taken down. I have a critical eye and must have looked through around 1000 with only seeing the 2 fake ones.
I also have it in writing that if at a later date the watch turns out to be fake or stolen you will get a full refund with no time limit.
I have to say that my confidence in buying from them would be similar to buying preowned from an AD.

Fair play. Did you ask for that or did they just provide it as a matter of course?

I’m a bit OCD for detail so scoured every inch of their website. What I remember reading was a bit vague so I emailed them specifically, so it was more of a reply to me than clear information volunteered.
I asked them questions such as what would happen if, at the time of purchase, the watch was not reported as stolen but then 6 months later the original owner puts an insurance claim in for it being stolen, etc.

H&T are required to do that anyway, but yes - they are pretty good. CashConverters/Generator are all franchises, so it's very store specific but H&T are pretty reliable (not as reliable as G.A., /cough)

I’m a bit OCD for detail so scoured every inch of their website. What I remember reading was a bit vague so I emailed them specifically, so it was more of a reply to me than clear information volunteered.
I asked them questions such as what would happen if, at the time of purchase, the watch was not reported as stolen but then 6 months later the original owner puts an insurance claim in for it being stolen, etc.

Interesting. I'd been steering clear of them, though I have bought 2 from there in the past... if that's the case then maybe it's worth keeping an eye out for bargains.

Yeah, I know.... but then sometimes they are as much or more than WF. Makes no sense.

😲

How can their prices always be so suspiciously loooow wow

is that really suspiciously low for a used AR?

is that really suspiciously low for a used AR?
Well it is a low grade grade 2 titanium limited for Switzerland Watches and new it cost 4100, I thought it was more. But yeah you are probably correct, 32% below retail for a very close to new TAG Heuer does sound about right 👍

That's what I mean, some prices good, some prices not so good

I have eyeballed that on the Bicester list for a couple of years now. Very cool indeed!