Forums Latest Members
  1. Oskarlinos

Oskarlinos Aug 17, 2020

Hi,
    I have owned the Tag Heuer Connected 2020 for a week and I am very satisfied, but unfortunately the timer does not work properly. If I set a time over 30 seconds, the clock goes in standby-mode and the timer expires without any notification. Did I set something wrong? Does the timer works for someone correctly?

2. Oskarlinos

Oskarlinos Aug 20, 2020

System Update installed and the Timer works ;)

edit: the timer only works sometimes ... no one else has the same issue?

Edited Aug 21, 2020
  3. flawless

flawless Sep 13, 2020

I've found Android's timers to be hit or miss on multiple phones as well as smartwatches - sometimes I'll wake my screen to see the timer at -1.00 and counting (it's gone past the time) and it's only when I unlock that it suddenly realises. I always fall back on setting alarms instead of timers.

I think it's an issue with Google's apps in the background - the timer just doesn't get checked until something reminds the system it's running.

4. Joeheim

Joeheim Feb 19, 2021

Same problem here with latest updates.
    Has someone contacted support already?

5. Joeheim

Joeheim Feb 24, 2021

I got a response from the Tag Heuer support team:

Hi ,

There should not be any issue with the watch's timer. I have tested it with one of our demo watches and it does not have an issues. Could you go to the watch face and swipe down from 12 o clock to 6 o clock and make sure that there is no icons that are red. It should be black.

Kind Regards
    TAG Heuer Support[​IMG]

Of course, I checked all settings (I guess they refer to settings like theatre mode, battery safer, airplane mode etc), all black, still the timer is not working....
    Upon further testing I realise that the watch screen is waking up when the timer expires (showing the watch face) but no buzzing/vibrating.
    Tried to change the vibration pattern to normal and long, changed watch face... still the same result.

one more update..
    works if Always-on screen is activated, doesn't work if Always-on scrren is deactivated.

Edited Feb 24, 2021
  6. Oskarlinos

Oskarlinos Feb 24, 2021

I´ve also activated always on Screen and the timer works reliable. I think the issue is, if the display goes off, the timer app is closed and no longer runs in the background (sometimes).

7. flawless

flawless Feb 25, 2021

I've recently (last few months) noticed a sticky date issue - on TH original faces. I'll go to put on my watch in the morning (left on charge overnight) only for the date to be the day before. Swapping watch face will force an update, as will restarting the watch.

I'm going to do some further testing, specifically regarding the time I put the watch on the charger (usually anywhere between 23:00 and 01:00) and whether it changes by itself during the day if stuck.

25/2 - on charge at midnight - date stayed 25
    26/2 - on charge at midnight - date stayed 25
    27/2 - date still 25 (system correct at 27/2), reset watch, shows 27/2
    28/2 - not on charge at midnight - date changed to 28

Edited Feb 27, 2021
  8. Joeheim

Joeheim Mar 4, 2021

Got the final answer from Tag Heuer:

Yes, the screen has to be always on screen for the timer to work.

Kind Regards
    TAG Heuer Support[​IMG]

Sad that I have to rely on a third party app on my 3500 $ (NZ) watch because TAG can't get their preinstalled software right...but that's the way it is.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  9. flawless

flawless Mar 5, 2021

Thing is - I've always used Always On Screen, and I've seen the issues with timers not going off and date not rolling over (as I mentioned before, I've fallen back on setting alarms rather than timers, as they work).