Forums Latest Members

Dial interchangeability (Cal. 12 v Val. 7733)

1. Ara

Ara Dec 24, 2020

**correction Cal 12 v Cal. 7734

-----

Hey guys,

This question has been driving me crazy. I've finally given up and coming to you for help because the brain hurts from googling the topic way too many times.

Simple question. Aside from the difference of the left subdial layouts, are the dials of a Cal. 12 v Valjoux 7734 interchangeable?

If the answer is yes, let's expand the question – do the automatic / manual models in general for some of the 70s models share compatible dials and can anyone point me to a compatibility list/post/article/resource? (which I don't think exists or I am not good at The Google)

If interchangeability is possible, is it safe to assume that you can go outside the Autavia line and find that a Cal .12 Montreal dial would fit on a Val. 7734 case?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

Ara

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 10.43.51 AM.png
    Edited Dec 24, 2020
  2. Macb

Macb Nov 25, 2022

Hi, did you ever get an answer to this question, cal 12 - 7734 interchangeable ? Thanks Martin

3. SteveP

SteveP Nov 28, 2022

Hi, I'll chip in here. I would be inclined to say no. Firstly you'll notice the Cal 12 dials have 'AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH' on the dial. Secondly, the dimensions could well be different but moreover, the dial feet are likely to be in different positions. I can't say this for sure but those would be my concerns. Autavia 7734 dials do come up occasionally-so worth just keeping an eye out-Ebay and Chrono24 etc
    Steve