Forums Latest Members
  1. g.heuer

g.heuer Oct 9, 2019

Hello !

I found this nice and vintage ad for Dermont S.A / SAVIC. I knew that SAVIC was the french Heuer importer but didn't heard about Dermont S.A. After few reaserches, I learn Dermont made watches (certainly using swiss calibers) and sold Ulysse Nardin watches but what is the connection between Dermont and SAVIC.
    Maybe some of you have informations ? :)

Regards
    savic_zoom.jpg

PS : I like how they used Heuer Logo design for their own logo ::facepalm2:::D:)

Gambba and Ara like this.
  2. Ara

Ara Oct 9, 2019

Wow! Cool find! I love that logo offshoot too.

There was a black dialed Heuer Savic stopwatch on eBay a few months back from Germany. Wouldn't ship to the U.S. I would've loved acquiring that piece.

g.heuer likes this.
  3. g.heuer

g.heuer Oct 9, 2019

Hi Ara

I have the same problem but in the other way :). I would like to buy items in the US but many sellers doesn't want to send it in France ...
    Anyway custom taxes are quite importants. I found this site https://www.shipito.com/en/ but I think it's expensive (There is also a solution to american buyer -> Item are stocked in Austria).

- If you have a German (or UE) friend you can ask him to receive the parcel and resend it (I understood if you declare it as a gift you don't have to pay tax:)). I did it for a stopwatch bought in Italy :)
    - I found this website (https://www.jwebi.com/). I didn't try it but it could be a great solution. You can find people who travels from Germany to US. You contact the traveller and ask him to bring you back the item (you give a small amount of money to the traveller). Travellers have notation. I don't know if there is an english version of the website but using chrome you can traslate it quickly.

So for Dermont and SAVIC, I asked to french administration if I can find informatons about it. Hope they answer me.

Regards