Forums Latest Members
  1. Michael Viohl

Michael Viohl May 22, 2022

I recently purchased a TH Aquaracer caliber 16 with metal strap and wanted to switch it to the nylon canvass strap. I purchased the nylon canvass strap from an authorized dealer in Germany and had it shipped to me. It did not come with a deployment clasp and after the research I’ve done it appears each deployment clasp model number only works on certain straps. Unfortunately I can not locate the model number for a brushed metal deployment clasp for the nylon canvass strap. Can anyone help?!?!?

B07EC241-40D1-4376-A5A9-04F0F1EB4839.jpeg E4511DF1-5FB0-4A64-B8A1-E58C57A82AF5.jpeg
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 22, 2022

Contact TAG Heuer and ask them which deployant clasp will fit your exact strap number.

Nice Aquaracer by the way!

Michael Viohl likes this.
  3. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jun 9, 2022

The way it works for Monacos is that the watch model number is followed by the strap model number (e.g. CAW211P.FC6356). Assuming the Aquaracer is the same, trying googling the model number and see if the strap model number pops up. This would allow you to search for the correct deployant clasp.

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 9, 2022

For years I thought it was deployment, but in actual fact it is deployant, even though it looks utterly wrong.

5. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 9, 2022

Yep, me too then.:whistling:

Aquagraph likes this.
  6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 9, 2022

I thought you knew everything :eek:

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 9, 2022

Nope. In fact, I learned today that there are two versions of the CG2111, one has Mika Hakkinen's signature on the back.
    Also I learned there are two versions of the Singapore GP Monaco, one numbered, one not.
    And also there is a limited edition sel for some Brazilian football player called Leonardo. So that's three things I learned in thd past two days. Never stop learning, even when you're as old and decrepit as i am. Now if you'll excuse me j must go back to dribbling over my new Grand Carrera.

8. imagwai

imagwai Jun 9, 2022

I'm the opposite. Deployment always sounded completely wrong to me - i.e. inappropriate use of another English word. Deployant sounds correct to me. But in actual fact you won't find a 100% definitive answer to this anywhere. I researched it a few years back, and there's no official definition. People use both, so both are seemingly correct (with perhaps a slight non-scientific observed consensus in favour of deployant among the more experienced watch enthusiast).

9. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 9, 2022

Let’s call it a clasp?

10. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Jun 9, 2022

A “folding clasp”/FC (= boucle déployante/BD)? :thumbsdown:

@OP - be aware that the TAG Heuer FCs are specifically designed for 2mm vs 3mm thick straps. You can kind of piece together which FC code is for which thickness by going through the TH section at watchstrapworld.com

imagwai likes this.
  11. CL1860

CL1860 Jun 9, 2022

Based on my experience buying TH clasps, basically there 2 thickness of straps at clasps, 2mm and 3mm; and 2 width 20mm and 18mm. There are several variation for each thickness, such as stainless steel polished, stainless steel brushed, titanium, black titanium, PVD. There also variation of TH logo, engraved, applied and some with only Heuer logo. At least there are 15-20 variations.

First thing, you need to know the thickness and width, from there you can search which one can fit.
    If you purchase the straps from TH, there should be model number FCxxxx, from this you also can find the matching clasps.

12. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jun 10, 2022

I like how we a simple "deployant" triggered the vocabulary challenge :p. It's good to learn something new everyday - otherwise what's the fun in life!!

Aquagraph likes this.
  13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 10, 2022

I can't remember who it was, but I heard someone (maybe Tim Mosso?), someone who I would trust to know anyway, say it and I thought 'Oh, so it is deployant then...' I assume it is French?

14. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Jun 11, 2022

„déployer“ = to unfold
    „déployant“ = the present participle (which makes perfect sense, if you think about it…)

A ton service, mon ami :)

imagwai likes this.