Could the Heuer 02 work in a Monaco?

I miss owning a Monaco and love the look of the Calibre 11, however I don't love the piggyback chronograph. I owned a cal 12 Monaco and didn't hate the movement, however I have a strong preference for integrated chronographs.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be for TH to modify the Heuer 02 for the Monaco?

Thank you!

Well it wouldn't be difficult at all I'd think, as long as you accepted a 3-register Monaco with the crown on the right. That would probably just require a redesign of the interior of the case, to fit the new movement.

However, if what you mean is how difficult would it be for TAG to remove the 6-o'clock running seconds, and move the crown to the left? Quite a bit more difficult of course, though I don't know the particulars of the movement well enough to be able to say just how difficult it would be. TAG seems content to only offer their "heritage" models with the cheapo Sellita/DD so I wouldn't wait around for one

If it is going to happen, you'd think it would be part of the 50th Anniversary news- I could certainly see a 50th Anniversary watch with the in-house movement. Needs to be something different to the existing CAW211P

Well it wouldn't be difficult at all I'd think, as long as you accepted a 3-register Monaco with the crown on the right.

Yuck. 3 register Monacos are an abomination, IMO. If they could somehow engineer a 2 register version of the Heuer 02......

If it is going to happen, you'd think it would be part of the 50th Anniversary news- I could certainly see a 50th Anniversary watch with the in-house movement. Needs to be something different to the existing CAW211P

You would think so, wouldn't you. Not that it is really my thing, but many folks seem to like the 'Dark Lord' so perhaps TAG Heuer will target that for the 50th Anniversary.

Well it wouldn't be difficult at all I'd think, as long as you accepted a 3-register Monaco with the crown on the right. That would probably just require a redesign of the interior of the case, to fit the new movement.
dwa63pD.jpg

I read somewhere TH said it would be easy to move the seconds had up to the monaco location and have a two register chronological out of the Heuer 02 for the Monaco. This is the only reason why I haven't sprung for a Monaco yet. Imagine how great it would be to have a Monaco with a Heuer 02 in it....

Apart from Monaco, i also finger crossing for Aquaracer to use in house as well.

For Monaco i really have bigger dream that they would finally use square movement to match the square case shape.

It seems my dream will be a far fetch one

For Monaco i really have bigger dream that they would finally use square movement to match the square case shape.
That would be awesome! I'd love it if they would ditch the rotor and make a hand wound model.

I read somewhere TH said it would be easy to move the seconds had up to the monaco location and have a two register chronological out of the Heuer 02 for the Monaco. This is the only reason why I haven't sprung for a Monaco yet. Imagine how great it would be to have a Monaco with a Heuer 02 in it....
I thought I had read the movement that become the Heuer 02 was original planned to debut in a Monaco, but I could be confusing that with the Heuer 01 in the Monaco 24.

Yes, there was a CH80 version of the Monaco planned...back in 2014.

Yes, it would be possible to have a 2 register Heuer 02...if that's the direction they want to go. Not sure if they would go to the trouble of moving the crown to the left, but I hope so.

I really hope the wait for the 50th anniversary will be worth it.

I spoke to my AD yesterday about the possibility of a special and he was of the opinion there will be one, he won’t know anything until at least Jan 2019 and thinks we here will probably know something before he does, but my name is top of his list to see it when/if something appears.
Edited:

Yes, there was a CH80 version of the Monaco planned...back in 2014.

Yes, it would be possible to have a 2 register Heuer 02...if that's the direction they want to go. Not sure if they would go to the trouble of moving the crown to the left, but I hope so.

I can easily live with the crown on the right hand side (indeed I already do), it's 3 registers on a Monaco that irks me.

I spoke to my AD yesterday about the possibility of a special and he was of the opinion there will be one, he won’t know anything until at least Jan 2019 and thinks we here will probably know something before he does, but my name is top of his list to see it when/if something appears.
When I was at TAG Heuer last month I did ask about the Monaco plans (of course), and while we had a good chat about "what could be", it was clear that they were still thinking through the options. I threw in my 10 cents!

When I was at TAG Heuer last month I did ask about the Monaco plans (of course), and while we had a good chat about "what could be", it was clear that they were still thinking through the options. I threw in my 10 cents!
If you could share with us your 10 cents it would be great.

If not then throw us 2 cents will do too !

Cheers !

Did you walk away thinking they would be doing something for the 50th anniversary?

Did you walk away thinking they would be doing something for the 50th anniversary?
I think so..but that was an impression rather than anyone saying "we're definitely doing x"

Well they've already done the "Calibre 11" model that most closely resembles the original, twice... will they just do it again a third time next year?
More interested to see if they do something more with that Ronnie Peterson Carrera case

Well they've already done the "Calibre 11" model that most closely resembles the original, twice... will they just do it again a third time next year?
More interested to see if they do something more with that Ronnie Peterson Carrera case

For a Monaco ????? 😵‍💫😵‍💫