Forums Latest Members
  1. BGC

BGC Feb 6, 2023

upload_2023-2-6_17-41-3.png I’ve been offered a 2018 E2 for £500 but would hope to maybe get it for £450 - fingers crossed. I have 3 other Tag watches but this would be my first venture into a Smart watch however, I have a few by questions (probably answered elsewhere so apologies in advance) :-

1) is this a decent price. I think so but looking for some advice. It’s the 41mm version on a black rubber strap and comes with warranty card, box, papers, charger.
    2) How compatible is the watch to Apple products (iPhone X)
    3) with the software being 4/5 years old, should this be of concern and does it mean the watch has a limited life span?
    4) any specific questions you think I should ask the seller?

cheers in advance

upload_2023-2-6_17-41-3.png

BGC

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 6, 2023

Hi @BGC , and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

First of all, I think the Connected E2 Modular is the best TAG Heuer Connected up to now, because it’s the only Swiss Made (and it was the first Swiss Made smartwatch ever), and because it’s the only Modular (you can swap the digital head for a mechanical head in few seconds and without any tool, and also change lugs, buckles, and straps in few seconds and without any tool)

I try to answer your questions:

1) is this a decent price. I think so but looking for some advice. It’s the 41mm version on a black rubber strap and comes with warranty card, box, papers, charger.
    Price is decent in case the watch is in good condition, battery is working fine, and screen has no burn-in issues (it would be helpful to have some pictures of the screen showing different watch faces, to verify if screen is ok)

You should also think that this is the 41mm version, mainly designed for ladies, with much less available straps than for the 45mm. Did you try this 41mm version? I did it when I bought my first E2 Modular, and I went for the 45mm because I found the 41 too small, and I don’t have a huge wrist. About mechanical modules, there is only one available for the 41 (Calibre 5), while there are three available for the 45 (Calibre 5, Calibre 16, and Heuer 02 Tourbillon)

2) How compatible is the watch to Apple products (iPhone X)
    I use my E2 Modular 45 wlth an iPhone X, and it perfectly works. Bluetooth connection is even more reliable than with an Android phone (I have another E2 Modular 45 tethered to a Samsung phone, so I can compare both options, and I’m more satisfied with how it works with iPhone)

3) with the software being 4/5 years old, should this be of concern and does it mean the watch has a limited life span?
    It’s still receiving same Wear OS updates as E3 and E4. It probably will stop receiving updates some day, but in any case, E1 are still running fine and they are not receiving updates since many months ago.

4) any specific questions you think I should ask the seller?
    See my answer to question 1): ask pictures of the screen showing different watch faces in bright mode, to be sure there are no burn-in issues (ghost images from other watch faces in pink colour because some pixels are burnt), and ask the seller if the battery is fine (ask how many hours it last when charged at 100%, with the screen in ‘Always on Display’ mode). It should last at least 15 hours

Cheers!

Anthony.R likes this.
  3. BGC

BGC Feb 6, 2023

4. BGC

BGC Feb 6, 2023

Perfect. Just what I was looking for.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  5. EmJay

EmJay Feb 12, 2023

Obvious answer to this is YES, it does. Without the software issue your battery or screen can fail any day and you can't go out there and get it serviced. Alas 500 quid for this is super premium price, although you can change "the module" to Calibre 5 for 2000.

I would consider buying for 300 tops (even 45mm). And you actually have a very good chance of doing so via the FB market or ebay. Note that most of these people buy cheap and then double the price, this is where, much likely, 500 comes from.

6. BGC

BGC Feb 12, 2023

Appreciate your feedback too. Will see if a cheeky bid helps