Forums Latest Members

Connected Modular 45 - some clearance between module and lugs

1. lottze

lottze Feb 8, 2018

Hi,

since my TH modular 45 is quite new I found some (slightly) clearance between the modules and the lugs.
    It´s with both modules - smartwatch as well as mechanical - and it´s not that much, but you can feel it.
    Is it just "normal" due to the exchangable mechanism or shouldn´t it be a more stable connection for a watch at this price?
    Maybe I´m too picky but just want to make sure it´s not a quality /fabrication issue.
    What´s your experience? Does anybody have some clearance between module and lugs, too?

Thanks

Edited Feb 8, 2018
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 9, 2018

Mime is tight; no clearance play.

3. Alexjl

Alexjl Feb 17, 2018

Doesn't sound normal whatsoever, but really depends on your definition of clearance to be fair. A picture or video might help?

I know mine was definitely tight when I first got it, and kept squeaking whenever the straps rubbed against the lugs. Seems to have sorted itself out, though I wondered if it was meant to be that tight.

I've read horror stories of folks with their modules falling off the lugs when worn, although it's hard to say if the modules were properly secured to begin with. However if that was not the case, then you definitely might want to just make sure that won't happen to you

4. luckycanine

luckycanine Mar 12, 2018

Just got the mechanical module and there's a fair bit of play where the lugs meet the module. I looked at 2 examples in the boutique and both had the play/give. It's about 0.5mm of play. It doesn't really bother me that much and is not noticeable on the wrist at all.

lottze likes this.
  5. lottze

lottze Mar 12, 2018

Same with mine, seems to be normal.
    I also talked to TH boutique and they confirmed some clearance due to the design.