Forums Latest Members
  1. Muzzie

Muzzie Oct 19, 2020

I’m seeking some thoughts about the faces available on the 2020 Connected v’s Modular 45.

I had planned to buy the latest model but it seems the faces are limited and not the same as the previous 45. I’m really wanting the watch to look like a Carrera Calibre.

So now in a pickle and don’t know what to do. I was thinking to buy a second hand 45.

Just wondering what you think? I would be keen to get some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 20, 2020

Hi and welcome!

I prefer the Modular 45 not only because of the factory installed watch faces, but because it’s Modular, all are made in titanium, it’s Swiss Made (and not Made in China like 2020 Connected), its dimmed mode with Always On Display and Automatic brigthness is better, and it seems it also works better with WatchMaker app: some of our forum members with 2020 Connected (3rd Gen) have problems with many WatchMaker faces that first and second Connected generations can run well.

WatchMaker app could be a solution for you in order to complement the factory installed watchfaces, but -as previously said- not all 2020 Connected are working well with this app.

In addition to finding a good unit in the second-hand market, I think the best option is to buy the Connected Modular 45 in a TAG Heuer outlet store: new, with a 2-year guarantee, and with a 30% discount :thumbsup:

BMW Works likes this.
  3. Muzzie

Muzzie Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for the advice, really appreciate it. In an ideal world I would buy a brand new one, but being in Australia I think that will be impossible. I have searched on line and i cant find anyone that has one.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. EmJay

EmJay Oct 20, 2020

I would suggest to buy a new one and install watchmaker which works great for me without any issues. 45 is on lower specs and you are looking at wearing it for 2 years tops. Much better chance to sell 3rd gen in a longer term once a newer model becomes available.

Anthony.R likes this.
  5. Bazza06

Bazza06 Nov 29, 2020

Why are the faces in the 2020 version different to the 45? And why can't the 2020 version display those?
    I'm on the verge of buying this watch, but it seems they've taken a backward step by not including the faces available on previous models.
    I accept I could buy the older version, but that seems illogical when talking about a smartwatch.

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

^ Just get WatchMaker. Our community offers hundreds of options.

7. Bazza06

Bazza06 Dec 2, 2020

Thanks for your reply.
    That's great to know. I am new (or will be) to this watch and wasn't aware of this.
    Thank you.