Connected 2016 Update

There have been a few questions on the changes made to the Connected for 2016. The first batch from 2015 quickly sold out and there was a significant delay until production ramped up to supply the second batch.

Case Changes?
No, the watch is exactly the same and there is no change to case materials- still titanium grade 2. The photos that look as though the case is steel is just a trick of the light.

The only thing that changes is that TAG Heuer are starting to assemble the Connected in Switzerland.

Serial Numbers
Watches with a serial number starting with "GL" means it is from the very first batches of production; serial number starting with "PE" means it is from the latest batches of production.

Swiss Engineered
TAG-Heuer-Connected-Smartwatch-14.jpg
As some people have noticed, the text "Swiss Engineered" appeared on the bottom of the bezel on the first watches and has been removed. Why? Here is the answer direct from TAG Heuer:

Swiss authorities represented by the Federation of the Swiss watch industry are debating about the "Swiss" mention for Connected watches since the legislation which came into force in 1972 will be altered in January 2017. TAG Heuer awaits the official decision of the Federation of the Swiss watch industry to continue or not to use the "Swiss Engineered". Until any decision is made, TAG Heuer decided to remove the mention "Swiss Engineered" until further notice.

Good info; thanks!
Hubert have you seen the new titanium bracelet on the Tag Heuer website? Can you tell me what the price is?

Cheers
Harry

Harry,
I haven't seen it, but I just called TAG Heuer in the US to find out. They told me as of today:
The Titanium bracelet for the Connected is $500 US dlls.
The gray leather band for the Connected is $310 US dlls.

Harry,
I haven't seen it, but I just called TAG Heuer in the US to find out. They told me as of today:
The Titanium bracelet for the Connected is $500 US dlls.
The gray leather band for the Connected is $310 US dlls.
Thanks.Do you like it or do you prefer the rubber bracelet?

Thanks.Do you like it or do you prefer the rubber bracelet?
I like the rubber bracelet for its lightness and ruggedness. However, if I purchased a second band, it would be the grey leather.
270094-ea8bbb764d723aff3af920f1fec6e162.jpg

I woud like to see some wristshots of the titanium bracelet, I found 1,not a very good one.
Can you find some beter ones?

I woud like to see some wristshots of the titanium bracelet, I found 1,not a very good one.
Can you find some beter ones?
Not sure these are any better, but here are a couple of larger official photos (similar to the ones posted above)

Not sure these are any better, but here are a couple of larger official photos (similar to the ones posted above)

Thank you.

http://us.tagheuer.com/en/news/6-new-watchfaces-are-now-available
Discover the exclusive watchfaces designed by ambassadors Martin Garrix, Red Bull Racing Driver Max Verstappen and Chris Hemsworth for TAG Heuer. To celebrate TAG Heuer’s first season as official partner of the Premier League, an exclusive watchface showcasing the colors of the league is also available on the TAG Heuer Connected.

Thanks for the info on this post, very helpful and info I had searched around for for some time.

Good to see there are some more faces to choose from but still nothing that takes my fancy. Really want a wider selection of ore traditional Tag faces

Live shot of the Middle Eastern-themed dial by Lebanese street artist Yazan Halwani

I really hope the next Connected watch will offer a rotating bezel like this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJx62zyhRpd/
Hi Hubert,
Can you check on your watch If the turn off WiFi text is oke in your language. In Dutch it says WiFi inschakelen?But it has to say WiFi uitschakelen. I raised a ticket in support already. See photo.

Hi Hubert,
Can you check on your watch If the turn off WiFi text is oke in your language. In Dutch it says WiFi inschakelen?But it has to say WiFi uitschakelen. I raised a ticket in support already. See photo.
This is what it says in the US English version: