Forums Latest Members
  1. ZeuGantic

ZeuGantic Mar 17, 2018

Bought a new watch a few days ago and didn't have all the updates. Played around with some watch faces and everything worked nicely.
    After the watch finished updating I have this annoying issue.. with AOD on when I look at the watch the black come on before the other colours making it very distracting.

Anyone else experiences this?

2. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 17, 2018

thats normal, and yes its shit, but hay dont knock it or your ass will be chewed in this forum lol. Yes I would expect better. You are better off with a custom face using watchmaker, you won't have to put up with that shit. You can have a face which simply dims .

3. ZeuGantic

ZeuGantic Mar 17, 2018

Think is, before updating to the latest software was working fine..
    I installed watchmaker, same thing happens with that too... if i have AOD turned on, when i look at the watch it comes on in 2 steps
    Any way to revert back to an older version?

4. kwilcox

kwilcox Mar 17, 2018

Tag Heuer watch faces are handled by the "Tag Heuer" app. You can uninstall the latest update in settings->apps->system apps. Scroll down to the Tag Heuer app, tap and choose remove upgrades. Make sure you turn auto update apps off (in google play on watch, swipe down and tap the gear icon) also or it will re-install at night if your phone is nearby and connected to WiFi.

However, if watchmaker faces are also doing the same thing then it wouldn't be the Tag Huer app causing your issue. Maybe the android wear v2.9 upgrade is your culprit. Or, your android OS version may have been updated. You can check your versions by choosing settings->system->about then tap versions. Your watch would have shipped with android wear v2.0 and Android OS v7.1.1. You can get back to android wear v2.0 by doing a factory reset. If Android OS is showing v8.0, there's no way to revert that tmk.

Edited Mar 17, 2018
  5. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 17, 2018

For me this looks normal, would like to see a video of someone’s watch not doing this, There is a slight delay in loading the face texture, Would be interested in seeing someone’s not doing this

6. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Mar 17, 2018

Same. Mine has always been like this.

7. ZeuGantic

ZeuGantic Mar 17, 2018

My other watch, yes, i own 2 connected modular, doesnt do it
    Here is a video, you can clearly see there is no delay in the colors