Chaux de Fonds tornado

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/p...-fonds-causing-significant-damage-to-the-area

Sellita factory
GettyImages-1551234099.jpg

From the Hodinkee article:
Representatives from Cartier shared that no staff was injured and there was only minor damage to their building. Calls to a number of other watch manufacturers in the region were not returned – likely due to the holiday – and TAG Heuer had no comment at this time about any potential damage. Still, we will update this story if more information becomes available.

The short sequence from afar at 4min10 is pretty impressive. A real twister…

But for whoever has ever been to la Chaux, it’s probably not that astonishing that the layout of the city amplifies the phenomenon even further.

And let’s also not forget that one person lost his life. RIP.
Edited:

Wow, that's the first time I have ever seen something like this in a place where I have actually been. That is scary stuff!

I saw it yesterday on the news and I thought if the TAG Heuer headquarters or any of its workers could have been affected... it's strange that they still haven't published anything about it on their social networks. We hope they are all well! :thumbsdown:
I believe they are on their summer break; if that's the case, then it's a fortuitous coincidence. That said; this event will likely have an impact in suppliers, costs, and timelines. Not to mention the loss on people, property, and mindsets.

Those videos show the tornado in the main street of the town. TAG is actually out on an industrial estate a bus ride away from that... so hopefully it didn't reach them out there.

The power of nature is amazing, from these pictures to the phenomenal heat across southern Europe, what weird world we live in.

Praying for everyone's safety, recovery and well being. Climate change hits us hard..