Forums Latest Members

Carrera Heuer 02t tourbillon service cost?

1. robinmgb

robinmgb Nov 28, 2020

I'm about to exhange my Rolex Submariner 114060 for a Carrera Heuer 02T tourbillon.
    I find the Rolex boring while the tourbillon looks so interesting, before doing the deal I'd like to know the service cost, Tag website says Poa, does anyone know the cost?
    Any owners had theirs serviced yet?

2. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 28, 2020

I’d be very surprised if anyone has needed one serviced as I don’t think they’ve been out that long. Any issues with them should have been sorted under warranty I expect. Maybe give TH a call and ask? I have no idea what the price is, but I’d be surprised if they cost less than 2x the highness non-T automatic price. So well over £1k would be my guess.

i think they are very interesting and look great. But this is what puts me off buying one. Only 2 year cover from TH and servicing expense.

3. dtf

dtf Nov 28, 2020

4.5 years now...

4. robinmgb

robinmgb Nov 29, 2020

The watch I'm interested in buying is a 2016 and was serviced by Tag Heuer in 2019, it comes with the service card but no invoice, that's why I'm interested in knowing what it cost and what future ownership cost might be

SD Surfer, THJunkie and dtf like this.
  5. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 29, 2020

wow is it that long? I stand corrected. When I got ‘back into Tag’ about 2 to 2.5 years ago they seemed to be a new and big deal so I assumed they had not long been out. Did some reading up and seems that they were 2016! Thanks.

6. robinmgb

robinmgb Nov 30, 2020

I called Tag Heuer UK service centre this morning and they won't even give a guide quote without inspecting the watch.
    This seems ridiculous to me, every other maker I know of provides quotes including top brands like PP, AP, Jlc etc.
    Surely someone on here owns one and has it serviced?

7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 30, 2020

Hmmm that sounds a bit worrying and probably expensive then! We dont see many H02t's around here Im afraid. @Snowy you have I think all watches ever made by Heuer and TAG Heuer, have you serviced any of your tourbillions yet? :cool:

Aquagraph likes this.
  8. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 30, 2020

Under these circumstances there’s only one thing I’d do. Swerve it.

Short warranty and lack of transparency on a service. At best it is incompetence - at worst it is cynical move on TH part.

There are lots of watches at that price point that are better made and have better peace of mind. They may not have a hamster wheel. But we’re starting to see that there’s a hidden catch to the low cost of entry to the T club.

9. YY77

YY77 Nov 30, 2020

My Carrera calibre 360 is not an in house movement but the chronograph module is TH exclusive, so maybe sort of a reference, is also listed as POA. They got back to me with €850 for a complete overhaul.

10. kappa_md

kappa_md Dec 1, 2020

I thought I’d just post it here regarding the “sleeper” Carrera Tourbillon H02T. Based on the video-review by WatchFinder, it is probably one of the only few “everday-use Tourbillon”, being Chronometer certified and all. I’m really amazed on TAG Heuer on this. True to Avant-Garde, quality craftmanship bringing it to a more “affordable” pricepoint. :thumbsup:

dtf and Albert-AMG like this.
  11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 1, 2020

SNOWY: Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about my Tourbillons as well... ;)

12. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 1, 2020

Am I confusing things, does he not have at least one H02t? I vaguley remember also seeing the tourbillion modular version so I thought he owned at least two tourbillions but maybe it was not Snowy?

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 1, 2020

We both know Snowy has more watches than all the rest of us put together including Hubert and his helicopter full of Monacos.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  14. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 1, 2020

Indeed but the big question is if Snowy's helicopter is more luxurious than Hubert's

15. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 1, 2020

It’s only impressive if you get a helicopter from the garden helipad to the BIG chopper at the airport?

16. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 1, 2020

Ah yes of course, I did not even count the smaller one as a true helicopter :whistling: its like saying you own a private jet but then it turns out you are leasing it like a sucker :rolleyes:

Aquagraph likes this.
  17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 1, 2020

Are you insinuating that King Hubert leases his helicopter?
    :eek::eek::eek:

18. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 1, 2020

No no, my point was just that Hubert's main helicopter is no poor man's small one. Of course he would never lease it, leasing is how poor people stay poor

19. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 1, 2020

Sorry @robinmgb this thread has gone a little bit off topic

20. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 1, 2020

Oh good, that's alright then, because people with a lot of money can get offended if you play down their enormous wealth!

Sorry @robinmg, please continue

Jim Dollares likes this.