Carrera Heuer 02 GMT Accuracy

Hello, Have a question, which may sound strange, but I will ask it anyway. Here is a situation: bought my Carrera H02 GMT and for the first 6 weeks it slowed by almost 40 sec, which meant 1 sec per day and I was pretty happy with this. Then, for several days I was wearing this watch with Chrono on, just because I liked it. After I switched back to the "normal" mode and start used chrono as needed (not much, actually), I see that the watch slowed down to -4 / -5 sec per day, which is more than it used to be. I keep winding it, overnight store with crown down, but still -4 per day. Is there any explanation of such sudden change in accuracy? Thank you. Cheers.

I am sure you are familiar with mechanical watch. Although i am curious about few things:

-did you use timegraph to measure the accuracy ?

-how do you store your watch, is it near TV, speaker, handphone, electronical device, or refrigirator by any change or basically anything that emits magnet ?

by the way, my H02 is doing +5s/d and nothing more i can do for it, at least until the next scheduled service. The Tag Heuer service center are adamant +6 to -5 s/d is considered accurate enough. I can't even pay them to calibrate it to +2 to -2 s/d even if i want to ! But yeah +5 s/d for me is okay. I can live with it.

There are many factors that can affect precision of a watch. How you wear it, if you wear it, position when not wearing it. Precision is not something that will remain 100% steady but go a bit up and down. As long as it keeps within reasonable deviations it should be fine and I think you should be happy with 4 seconds. When I measured my H02 it gained about 2,7 sec per day on average. I know @imagwai has said that his H02 deviates more when he is not wearing his for example.

There are many factors that can affect precision of a watch. How you wear it, if you wear it, position when not wearing it. Precision is not something that will remain 100% steady but go a bit up and down. As long as it keeps within reasonable deviations it should be fine and I think you should be happy with 4 seconds. When I measured my H02 it gained about 2,7 sec per day on average. I know @imagwai has said that his H02 deviates more when he is not wearing his for example.
2.7 s/d...no wonder yours is so loud...:whistling:

your H02 is flexing !

I am sure you are familiar with mechanical watch. Although i am curious about few things:

-did you use timegraph to measure the accuracy ?

-how do you store your watch, is it near TV, speaker, handphone, electronical device, or refrigirator by any change or basically anything that emits magnet ?

by the way, my H02 is doing +5s/d and nothing more i can do for it, at least until the next scheduled service. The Tag Heuer service center are adamant +6 to -5 s/d is considered accurate enough. I can't even pay them to calibrate it to +2 to -2 s/d even if i want to ! But yeah +5 s/d for me is okay. I can live with it.

Thank you Otto! I do not have a time grapher, so I measure it by comparing with NIST web site (time.gov). The process is simple: when NIST hits XX:YY:00 I start the chronograph and when my sec hand crosses 1200 I stop it. . On average it looks like 4.6 sec a day during the last 3 days since I started tracking it. I was looking for additional info about position accuracy, but found only one source for H02 Monaco (https://www.watchtime.com/reviews/made-in-monaco-testing-the-tag-heuer-monaco-calibre-heuer-02/) . Tried dial up and crown down and did not see any significant difference. Did you try different positions for your watch?
Obviously I do not store my watches around anything that has magnets, except for the time, when they are in watch winder (electric motor has magnets). the reason I am getting concerned is that this watch was approx. 2 sec a day before I kept chronograph running for several days in a row. Cheers!

Thank you. Did you test your watch to find a position(s) in which it loses/gains more time?

Thank you. Did you test your watch to find a position(s) in which it loses/gains more time?
Nope, was happy with results and not obsessed with precision to be honest :)

2.7 s/d...no wonder yours is so loud...:whistling:

your H02 is flexing !

My is also loud, but there is nothing for it to flex about ;)

The process is simple: when NIST hits XX:YY:00 I start the chronograph and when my sec hand crosses 1200 I stop it.
I am tired but not sure I understand. When you talk about deviation you refer to the chronograph seconds hand, not the running seconds?

I am tired but not sure I understand. When you talk about deviation you refer to the chronograph seconds hand, not the running seconds?

Of course I was talking about the running seconds. The reason I use chronograph is to make the comparison process easier. If I start chrono, when NIST gives 00 sec and stop it when my watch gives me 00 sec, I measure the time interval between the even when NIST is on the top of the hour and when my watch on the top of the hour (my watch loses time, so it is behind the NIST clock).

Thank you Otto! I do not have a time grapher, so I measure it by comparing with NIST web site (time.gov). The process is simple: when NIST hits XX:YY:00 I start the chronograph and when my sec hand crosses 1200 I stop it. . On average it looks like 4.6 sec a day during the last 3 days since I started tracking it. I was looking for additional info about position accuracy, but found only one source for H02 Monaco (https://www.watchtime.com/reviews/made-in-monaco-testing-the-tag-heuer-monaco-calibre-heuer-02/) . Tried dial up and crown down and did not see any significant difference. Did you try different positions for your watch?
Obviously I do not store my watches around anything that has magnets, except for the time, when they are in watch winder (electric motor has magnets). the reason I am getting concerned is that this watch was approx. 2 sec a day before I kept chronograph running for several days in a row. Cheers!
In my own experience I found the chronograph running or not might affect accuracy. My H01 45mm (which i already sold) was doing +8 s/d without chronograph running and +6 s/d WITH chronograph running.

So yeah...Sleep well, remember it is still very accurate. Even some of the big brands i won't mention in here might be less accurate than that.

I didn't try different position of my watch nor use the winder. The day i bought a winder might be the day i own a perpetual calendar watch. I think... :D